Pre-Game Talk: Home Opener: Kings @ Jets, Tuesday 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

By listening to this Maurice interview, sounds like he's moving Ehlers back to the 2nd line, and Perrault to the 3rd or 4th line. Very good move IMO, and a lot better use on Ehlers. I predicted Maurice would do this in an earlier post today.

I hope it works better than it has in the past. I don't believe that is the change needed. He appears to know that ELL is no good, but he refuses to try any of the several logical fixes for it.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I hope it works better than it has in the past. I don't believe that is the change needed. He appears to know that ELL is no good, but he refuses to try any of the several logical fixes for it.
no other fixes really. they have to work it out. he isn't breaking up 1st line. he wont put laine or ehlers on 4th line for any length and roslovic has no business on 2nd line. it was together most of last year and we managed to be top 5 in the league with them as a 2nd line.

Reactions: Guffman

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Interview with Maurice: "trying to get those lines going (with the Ehlers move)", "I really like the Scheifele line".
Also makes clear that the Lowry line stays together; and there's not many options to change lines except moving Ehlers around.

Well I think we can be assured that CSW stays together the whole season since Maurice is too stubborn to even think about switching that line for the benefit of the whole team. He can see the problem with the Little & Roslovic lines yet he prefers to do nothing he hasn't tried already.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Please someone tell this to the coach.

Pet peeve. That saying is an insult to people with mental illness. Insane people may be very intelligent, very smart people.

To keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result might be a definition of stupidity, or foolishness. It is not a definition of insanity. :rant:

Otherwise agree though.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He still has 7 games... give him is 7 games first

Why? What do you expect it to accomplish?

Nah. Having esl together is least of my concerns
Hanging onto esl is no different than Maurice hanging onto the current first line

Scheifele and Laine sure, but ehlers doesn't have to be there

Maurice needs to figure out how to balance lines and spread out talent

Scheifele and Laine Ehlers sure, but ehlers Laine doesn't have to be there

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
no other fixes really. they have to work it out. he isn't breaking up 1st line. he wont put laine or ehlers on 4th line for any length and roslovic has no business on 2nd line. it was together most of last year and we managed to be top 5 in the league with them as a 2nd line.

True - and I still hope Little is better. To my eye I think he looks better. But I don't quite trust my eye test. I want to see results.

Sometimes 3 guys just click, as soon as they get together. That's chemistry. But you can't always get that. Other times, good players eventually learn to play together. If they really are that good, they should be able to.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Scoring for the Jets will be there no matter what combo is use.
Its just a matter of getting the maximum value/output from all the lines.

The 114 season last year, its true the great scoring was part of the reason what got the Jets there.

But i believe the goaltending of Helly.
The 6 defenseman as a unit and the pK and PP. Had more impact towards that success.

Jets were scoring when they missed the playoff 2 years ago. And they are much more lethal now that they will make the playoff just by pure offense alone.

Jets will be screwed if Helly falters or that defensive system and pk dont get into shape.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I think staying out of the box will help, but Maurice really has to start evening out the ice time. Laine and Ehlers are incredible talents that shouldn’t be playing 15 mins a night. That has the added benefit of allowing schief and wheeler to really push when they play. Connor doesn’t ever seem to need to rest :)

If you can’t find time for one of the most prolific goal scorers to step into the nhl then there is something wrong with your lines.

Ares

May 8, 2018
That doesn’t accomplish what you think it will. Laine opposite of Wheeler or Connor would be much more effective. CSL and ELW would be my switch if it was necessary.

Do people really think Scheif would get as many chances offensively without guys like Wheeler and Connor? Those two really get in hard on the forecheck and make life hard for defenders.
My hope is that Wheeler can get Little going again and ESL has been very effective in the past. Not having Wheeler and Scheifele together would force Maurice to spread the minutes more evenly.

What's certain is that you don't know what you could have if you don't even give it a try.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Incredible all the things the Jets "have" to do after only 2 games. They're already ahead of last year's pace! :yo:

Reactions: JetsFan815
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad