Pre-Game Talk: Home Opener: Kings @ Jets, Tuesday 7PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

May 8, 2018

If Lem looks good there I hope Ves is sent to AHL quickly. No point in him sitting in the press box. They can call him up whenever.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kovy looked pretty good on a couple of those highlights last night.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
were not 2/3 of the line many wanted playing together all summer playing on a line these past 2 games. and playing horribly . ehlers picking up where he left last year and roslovic still not doing much of anything for sure nothing more then little. there is nothing in roslovic's game that says he is replacing little any time soon. more wishful thinking then superior play. ehlers should get moved up again to the 2nd line soon.

I don't think you can judge Rosie and Ehls based off the two first games... Getting 2-3 shifts a period doesn't really give you an opportunity to show what you can do imo.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice note: Lowry (maintenance) and Trouba (leave of absence) are both expected to play tomorrow.

Player audio: Little & Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Trouba/Lowry. On the penalties. How would he describe the penalty kill? What goes into the through process of moving Ehlers? On Ehlers being the player that moves lines. How does he think Hellebuyck looked facing that many shots in two games? On Kulikov’s status. Does he expect to use the same lineup tomorrow? On the Kings firepower. What did he think of Vesalainen’s game after two contests?

To listen click here.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Hoping for a much better effort than the Stars game. In a microcosm, 1-1-0 isn't a _bad_ record to start the season. What's troubling is that the Jets have taken a host of penalties, the defense is suspect, and the PK is hot garbage. The execution of the plan is garbage, and the plan is equally suspect as well. Not going to win many games with a 66% PK. >_>

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Practice note: Lowry (maintenance) and Trouba (leave of absence) are both expected to play tomorrow.

Player audio: Little & Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Trouba/Lowry. On the penalties. How would he describe the penalty kill? What goes into the through process of moving Ehlers? On Ehlers being the player that moves lines. How does he think Hellebuyck looked facing that many shots in two games? On Kulikov’s status. Does he expect to use the same lineup tomorrow? On the Kings firepower. What did he think of Vesalainen’s game after two contests?

To listen click here.

By listening to this Maurice interview, sounds like he's moving Ehlers back to the 2nd line, and Perrault to the 3rd or 4th line. Very good move IMO, and a lot better use on Ehlers. I predicted Maurice would do this in an earlier post today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flair Hay

The Russian Rocket

Nov 18, 2017
Interview with Maurice: "trying to get those lines going (with the Ehlers move)", "I really like the Scheifele line".
Also makes clear that the Lowry line stays together; and there's not many options to change lines except moving Ehlers around.

Well I think we can be assured that CSW stays together the whole season since Maurice is too stubborn to even think about switching that line for the benefit of the whole team. He can see the problem with the Little & Roslovic lines yet he prefers to do nothing he hasn't tried already.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Please someone tell this to the coach.

Ares

May 8, 2018
Interview with Maurice: "trying to get those lines going (with the Ehlers move)", "I really like the Scheifele line".
Also makes clear that the Lowry line stays together; and there's not many options to change lines except moving Ehlers around.

Well I think we can be assured that CSW stays together the whole season since Maurice is too stubborn to even think about switching that line for the benefit of the whole team. He can see the problem with the Little & Roslovic lines yet he prefers to do nothing he hasn't tried already.

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

"I really like the Scheifele line" oh really, hadn't noticed! I would've like to see Wheeler and Connor with Little and Laine and Ehlers with Scheifele but I guess not. If we can win, good whatever... but sounds like it's going to be a long season.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
The Jets really have to ship Vesalainen to the Moose, or back to Europe. He clearly is "not" ready for NHL action yet, and it's hurting the development of the new 3rd line. He looks lost out there with no confidence. He just needs a little more time. It's time to insert Lemieux or Dano, who both had strong preseason camps.

I'm not the only one who feels this way about Vesalainen, as there are a lot of other posters suggesting the same thing here.

I would suggest rotating these 2 guys, and see who fits with Roslo and Ehlers ?? and that is if Maurice does not insert Ehlers back on the 2nd line, which I think he will. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Jets have not looked good in the last 2 games- have to get their speed and rhythm going.

He still has 7 games... give him is 7 games first

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
"I really like the Scheifele line" oh really, hadn't noticed! I would've like to see Wheeler and Connor with Little and Laine and Ehlers with Scheifele but I guess not. If we can win, good whatever... but sounds like it's going to be a long season.

Nah. Having esl together is least of my concerns
Hanging onto esl is no different than Maurice hanging onto the current first line

Scheifele and Laine sure, but ehlers doesn't have to be there

Maurice needs to figure out how to balance lines and spread out talent

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
This is the first home opener since the Jets returned that I actually had to book a vacation day to be able to go. Hope it's a good one!

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

That doesn’t accomplish what you think it will. Laine opposite of Wheeler or Connor would be much more effective. CSL and ELW would be my switch if it was necessary.

Do people really think Scheif would get as many chances offensively without guys like Wheeler and Connor? Those two really get in hard on the forecheck and make life hard for defenders.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013

Sorry to nitpick but this actually isn't a good definition of insanity. Is it insane to go fishing? Sometimes you do the same thing over and over again and it's just a matter of staying consistent so you give yourself a chance at being successful. If you have no patience don't be surprised if you're constantly annoyed at things. Kind of like blowing up the lines after two games. There is 97.5% of the season left. Constantly changing the lines is just as insane as sticking with it, if not more.

Good definition of insanity is setting yourself on fire and making love to a traffic pylon. That's a definition I can get behind.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Scheifele with Laine together. Those 2 together can gun for
Art ross
Rocket
Respectively

But this is about maximizing the best for each line. Those individual awards are the gravy on top.

CSL_ELW 》 CSW_ELL

Try to get Little going, Jets need his offense to get going.
Him and Perrault can cycle and make that litttle play so much. And we are thankfull for that but in the end players , specially their caliber needs to put points on the board.

CSL_ELW
Forces Maurice to give 2 lines fair amount of minutes instead of 1 line.

Last edited:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

hf boards. 114 point = insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad