Home Jersey Preference?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Russo said on PA's show this morning that he thinks their going to leave the whites alone. Greens changing to something more closely resembling the stadium series jerseys, or the Panthers new jerseys.

Oh god please not the panthers New Jersey's, those are ugly.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Russo said on PA's show this morning that he thinks their going to leave the whites alone. Greens changing to something more closely resembling the stadium series jerseys, or the Panthers new jerseys.

Ick.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I like both the RED and the GREEN jerseys. But I assume the Green will be used for next year. I'd just like to see a little "pizazz" added to the green jersey for next year. Not much change, just a little some thing more.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Ha, I'd love if they switched to old Northstars colors, but that'll never happen. So I'm happy with something similar to the Stadium Series jersey. As for going back to our old greens? Good lord I hated that one... hopefully it's nothing like it.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Ha, I'd love if they switched to old Northstars colors, but that'll never happen. So I'm happy with something similar to the Stadium Series jersey. As for going back to our old greens? Good lord I hated that one... hopefully it's nothing like it.

Why not? It's not likely, but there would be nothing preventing them from doing so, if they wanted.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I hope they lose the script look but go with green. I like the darker forest green style with some sort of wild logo on the front.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Why not? It's not likely, but there would be nothing preventing them from doing so, if they wanted.
I know! Why the hell not?

I know the Wild wanted to be distinct. Which they are going to be regardless.

Just drop the red entirely and leave pretty much everything similar to what they have now.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

Because 1) they've always been pretty clear--with the exception of the Stadium Series--that they are trying to distinguish themselves as a separate franchise, and 2) wouldn't surprise me if Dallas owns the rights to the design, or something.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Because 1) they've always been pretty clear--with the exception of the Stadium Series--that they are trying to distinguish themselves as a separate franchise, and 2) wouldn't surprise me if Dallas owns the rights to the design, or something.

No team has rights to colors.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dallas isn't even green and gold anymore. They're green and silver now.

Also thirds are going away? Is there a link to that somewhere?

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Dallas isn't even green and gold anymore. They're green and silver now.

Also thirds are going away? Is there a link to that somewhere?

Looks like Russo reported it first

Uniform mandate

Multiple sources tell the Star Tribune that all NHL teams will be permitted to have only home and road jerseys next season as Adidas takes over for Reebok as the official outfitter of NHL uniforms.

There will be no third jerseys, in order to make the initial implementation of new sweaters easier.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
I'd be willing to bet that there will be a 3rd jersey re-introduced within 3 years.

Kinda sounds like why they're cutting the 3rd jersey to make production easier.

It'll be a lot easier to roll out two jerseys/special jerseys (Winter Classic/Stadium Series) in 2017-18 then introduce 3rd jerseys a couple years down the line.

So they'll make money with people buying the ADADIAS version of the original jersey (or slightly altered original/3rd jerseys becoming home jerseys for some teams) then when everyone has one of those, they'll introduce the 3rd jersey again and make more money off that.

Also, if I read another article from an American writer/news source that calls the hockey sweater a "kit," I'm going to track him down and whiz on his shoes. It's hockey, not soccer you pompous jackaloon.

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
Dear Wild management,

Make it happen. Don't care how. Just do it already.

cmtwll8wcaalxwp-jpg-large.jpeg

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Let's just be the Northstars again.
Screw Dallas :).

Yeah to be fair, I was never clear on why we didn't do that from the start. I mean baseball has the "Reds" and the "Red Sox" (not to mention the "White Sox", as well), and it's not like people get those confused. I'm sure it had to do with "starting a new tradition" or some such silliness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad