Home Jersey Preference?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yeah to be fair, I was never clear on why we didn't do that from the start. I mean baseball has the "Reds" and the "Red Sox" (not to mention the "White Sox", as well), and it's not like people get those confused. I'm sure it had to do with "starting a new tradition" or some such silliness.

Legal reasons.

Somebody's getting money from all that Northstars memorabilia currently being sold. A new hockey franchise couldn't be established with the same name and brand as a previous franchise; it's infringement.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Legal reasons.

Somebody's getting money from all that Northstars memorabilia currently being sold. A new hockey franchise couldn't be established with the same name and brand as a previous franchise; it's infringement.

Except there's precedent. The Cleveland Browns did it before, and the Winnipeg Jets did it after.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota

At least when we finally get advertising on jerseys, we have Wheat Thins as a guaranteed sponsor.

Those Florida jerseys are abominable. I really hope we stay away from that design. Keep the green & script, simpler is better when it comes to jersey design.

North Stars left 25 years ago, guys. Get over it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm surprised at all the hate for the Florida jerseys. I don't think they're elite, but they're far from "burn it with fire!" horrible-ness.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I like the football-style crest and jersey design overall on the Panthers new jerseys. Top-12 jerseys in the league.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
The original wild jersey with Maybe a tiny bit brighter green

Thing is, the arm pattern piping on those old sweaters (not to mention the godawful numbering) looks a bit passé now. Teams have been migrating back to the "classic" look over the last decade or so (think: the difference between our current white jersey and the original one). And I like the change, which is why I'm on board for a home jersey that's similar to the Stadium Series one.... though part of me would like something significantly different, just because :D

WildNorway

Jan 13, 2017
Wild_leak_1.0.jpg

I would buy half of dozen of these.

Yes please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad