Post-Game Talk: Holystik ruins the shutout! The Nature of Streaks goes to 7! Habs win 4-2

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Stupid on Anderson's part to fight Lucic especially w/ his injury history.

Chariot is one tough MoFo!

Reactions: Kimota

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Cause they’re dumb. He seems like a nice guy, nothing wrong with that. Lucic on the other hand is the same Neanderthal we’ve seen for over a decade now. Except his skills have eroded and that probably pisses him off to no end. Why engage with a plug like that?

Long as he’s playing hockey the right way then idc, it’s not like he’s afraid to play along the boards. If he wanted to fight he could go take up boxing or something.

What’s also perplexing hearing this is we HAVE people who can fight and have done so. Anderson himself has laid the body on people and we got a D-core defending the crease like never before. So Anderson chose not to fight a plug at a point in the game where it doesn’t mean anything.... it’s probably one of the smartest decisions he’s made this season.

Reactions: No More Subban

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So you're saying we should sign Laraque..?
YES!!!! What is he up to now... about 300lbs?

upload_2021-1-29_11-1-58.png

... and I bet you didn't know that - National Treasure Georges Laraque Wins Montreal Pride Drag Competition

Reactions: Le Tricolore

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Anderson wanted nothing to do with Lucic at the end of the game. I could see the fear on his face. I wonder if he's been instructed not to fight.

Perry>Armia easily. Perry is a missing element on many teams. We were the only ones to offer him a contract that wasnt a tryout. Dumb teams. Guys a pro's pro. He preps for hours for the game . Is a great example to the young guys and is super competitive and still GOOD.

Price with another average performance. Every year the fans just say "get him a better team" and now we do. He's 38th in the league in SP. Overpriced and overrated. Dumb announcer Mike Johnson last night says "Jake Allen is here to do whatever makes Carey Price's life easier". Typical kiss ass behavior that surrounds this big baby.

Ignore all the chippy stuff at the end of the game. None of that will "carry over" like so many fans seem to think. I almost guarantee Lucic will not fight next game.

I feel good having Evans on that fourth line. He'll be a good replacement for Danault when we lose him after the year. Seey Phillip!!

KK is so much faster this year. He looks leaner than last year, more his natural weight.

We have rather small fast forwards and big D. It's a combination that seems to be working.

How are our forwards small?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Stupid on Anderson's part to fight Lucic especially w/ his injury history.

Chariot is one tough MoFo!
Benny is tough in a way that he is not afraid to drop 'em and will mix it up, but he is not a great fighter. Wayne Simmons fight demonstrated that clearly. But Benny is definitely no Patrice Brisbois... he'll dish it out and accept to dance if required. I like him... he has his place on the team.

Reactions: bsl

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Not surprised the guys didn't play as well coming off such a long break but even when we don't play our best we're getting wins and getting contributions from pretty much everyone.

Drouin is really starting to be more efficient and he's clearly buying in.

Perry is the perfect powerplay mercenary :D

I think we will play better and win next game

Reactions: No More Subban

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Not surprised the guys didn't play as well coming off such a long break but even when we don't play our best we're getting wins and getting contributions from pretty much everyone.

Drouin is really starting to be more efficient and he's clearly buying in.

Perry is the perfect powerplay mercenary :D

I think we will play better and win next game
Actually I thought that with exception of the last 3-5 minutes they played a pretty good game. I didn't think Danno was good... fumbled the puck and screwed up some passes... but overall Habs played a pretty tight game. Price had to be good on a couple of occasions but you'd expect your 10M goalie to do that, wouldn't you? I think tomorrow's game will be tougher.

Apr 28, 2010
Glad we got that W last night. I thought they might look crap after having 4 days off and that they are due for a regulation loss.

Also agreed with Anderson not fighting. I don't want him to fight at all this season tbh except if someone mess with Suzuki.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Anderson took on Chara, has taken on some of the biggest heavyweights in the NHL, pretty sure old 'Tim Hunter Nose' isn't scaring him. You sound all hurt, get over it, its not your fists and face taking the damage.
Actually too many posters "sound hurt" that Anderson wouldnt take on Looch. LOL.
Again it might be the coach but he looked scared out there when big meanie Looch was ready to slap him around.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Julien was completely gushing over his 4th line in today's presser! :laugh:

Of note, "Lehky's" great stamina and extremely hard-working shifts. Verbatim from the coach. You can tell he loves the underdog profile.

Reactions: Redux91

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I agree it would have been pointless to drop them with looch. Yea I get sometimes u need to man up but there's also a time and place and that sure as hell wasn't it lol. No point risking injury in a game thats already over. Looch was doing his job and trying to get something going. Thats about all he's able to do now a day. He's a big ugly mofo of a man but I don't doubt had he of done a dangerous play or hit, some one would have tossed them in the heat of the moment. You don't really fight a guy like looch unless you have too

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's very useless for his salary but still very intimating . Anderson wanted nothing to do with him. went straight to the bench LOL.
smart man we dont need Anderson getting injured fighting a useless Lucic

With that long contract, I don't want Anderson fighting at all. Edmundson or Chiarot or even Weber are much less of a risk long term cap wise.

Reactions: azcanuck

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Going for a hit is part of Anderson’s job. He’s a big body, can skate like the wind, so he’s using his tools to do what he’s supposed to do. I know for a fact he’s more than willing to drop the gloves if needed, but no, there was no point to fight that
there was no point for the hit either. Game was over.

If its ok to throw big hits when the game is over, then fighting when game is over is fine too... Come on now...

Unless that toughness thing is just an act.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
there was no point for the hit either. Game was over.

If its ok to throw big hits when the game is over, then fighting when game is over is fine too... Come on now...

Unless that toughness thing is just an act.
Tkachuk had just threw a big hit..... So what's good for the goose as they say ....

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I have price AND Vasi in my pool. Price loses the SO with 90 seconds left and with 2 GA, and Vasi went 60 mins no GA and loses 1-0 in OT. I threw my computer across the room.
And then you streaked across the room like grease lightning and caught it before it hit the wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad