Value of: Holtby to Colorado

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
What do you guys want? Something around Avs this years 1st round pick?

We only have one guy signed for next season (Varlamov) and he is injured way too often to be trusted as #1 goalie. You'd still have Grubauer and Samsonov and save a lot of cap space to sign Carlson and other players.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Thing is, we can resign carlson already cause the cap is going up.

Caps would likely want a first rounder but probably settle for forward prospects

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I'd rather target Samsonov than Holtby, and he'd probably be cheaper.

I doubt either are moved though, more likely Grubauer is gone and they roll with Holtby-Samsonov going forward.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Thing is, we can resign carlson already cause the cap is going up.

Caps would likely want a first rounder but probably settle for forward prospects

If you want the Avs' 1st rounder for Holtby - 16th overall - it's yours.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
If you want the Avs' 1st rounder for Holtby - 16th overall - it's yours.

Basically this.

Do Caps fans find this fair value? I'd like to see Avs goatlending fixed long term. I trust that Holtby can be that fix for ~5 next years at least.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Basically this.

Do Caps fans find this fair value? I'd like to see Avs goatlending fixed long term. I trust that Holtby can be that fix for ~5 next years at least.

As a side deal, Varlamov would be a good add to several teams. Looking at the Islanders, Canes.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
isles arent trading a first for a goalie period so no need for varly or holtby

our firsts are off limits

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
What's going on?????

Its Avalanche of Colorado - Capitals of Washington trade and you talk about Isles defensemen drafting?
he's responding to voodoo glow skulls who said this:

As a side deal, Varlamov would be a good add to several teams. Looking at the Islanders, Canes.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
What's going on?????

Its Avalanche of Colorado - Capitals of Washington trade and you talk about Isles defensemen drafting?
someone did mention pawning off varly to the isles did they not or cant you read?

the islanders are not any teams private landfill

we have our own needs and wasting capspace we need to sign tavares is not one of them

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
no we are drafting defense which we need and are signing Koskinen from russia and Sorokin eventually

so obviously youre stupid

why trade for a goalie when we have no defense, we'll use our picks on defense not waste them on somebodies unwanted goalie

The deal was between the Capitals and the Avalanche.

Are you in the wrong thread?

If you are referring to the idea of Varlamov to the Islanders, I never said anything about the Isles trading a 1st. I just suggested that the Isles and Canes would be good trade partners.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
The deal was between the Capitals and the Avalanche.

Are you in the wrong thread?

If you are referring to the idea of Varlamov to the Islanders, I never said anything about the Isles trading a 1st. I just suggested that the Isles and Canes would be good trade partners.
you are assuming that, but its not true for cap reasons if we traded for varlamov its just more difficult to sign tavares

trade varly for holtby dont expect us to help you....we wont

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
you are assuming that, but its not true for cap reasons if we traded for varlamov its just more difficult to sign tavares

maybe the canes would trade for Varly, they'll give you Darling, you like to assume fans of other teams are taking your trash

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Alright man.

So you don't want Varlamov.

Just say that.

No need to get offensive.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
What does this mean? The first rounder's mid round, that's not that valuable.
Yeah, the 1st alone isn't going to be enough.
Basically what the Capitals need are high-quality futures, either Forwards (preferably Centers) or High picks. Holtby's value is substantially higher than a Playoff Team 1st and the Caps don't need low-end depth prospects.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I'd rather target Samsonov than Holtby, and he'd probably be cheaper.

I doubt either are moved though, more likely Grubauer is gone and they roll with Holtby-Samsonov going forward.
Nope.

Possibly. But based on the responses in this thread you aren't going to like the price for either. Samsonov was drafted 22nd overall and his value has skyrocketed as he appears poised to come to NA. I'm not sure what it would take to trade him for the Caps but the Varlamov return wouldn't be enough this time around.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Nope.

Possibly. But based on the responses in this thread you aren't going to like the price for either. Samsonov was drafted 22nd overall and his value has skyrocketed as he appears poised to come to NA. I'm not sure what it would take to trade him for the Caps but the Varlamov return wouldn't be enough this time around.

Yeah, I don't see either being a very likely possibility. Or that we'd even target them to begin with, Washington has no reason to move either one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad