Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Some people lie and some people tell the truth. Not questioning women who claim sexual assault is like not questioning a woman who starts a go fund me page because they have a grave illness. There are many women who are charged with lying about their illness but are never questioned throughout the process because that would be in bad taste. To believe all women who come forward anonymously is the same thing.

todeskultes

harumph
May 28, 2016
Toronto
Jimmy Dore is away and the fill in host and guests make some very valid points.
I got as far as the Cardi B bit, which I do agree with them about. However, these are still the same people who decry American imperialism, but will defend other authoritarian regimes imperialist projects so long as they’re geopolitical enemies of the US. Whether through denying the Uyghur reeducation in China, denying Assad’s use of chemical weapons against his own citizens, or defending the awful shit Wagner does in Ukraine and the CAR (extracting resources in the latter and torturing/murdering civilians). They don’t seem to have any real principles.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I got as far as the Cardi B bit, which I do agree with them about. However, these are still the same people who decry American imperialism, but will defend other authoritarian regimes imperialist projects so long as they’re geopolitical enemies of the US. Whether through denying the Uyghur reeducation in China, denying Assad’s use of chemical weapons against his own citizens, or defending the awful shit Wagner does in Ukraine and the CAR (extracting resources in the latter and torturing/murdering civilians). They don’t seem to have any real principles.
What? lol

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You're a weirdo then.

I'm 31 years old. A pal of mine shows up with a 16 year-old on his arm and I give him a smack on the f***ing mouth after I recover from the shock.

16 is the age of consent in that jurisdiction

So he may be disgusting but in the above scenario the only person doing anything criminal would in fact be you

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
16 is the age of consent in that jurisdiction

So he may be disgusting but in the above scenario the only person doing anything criminal would in fact be you
It always creeps me out a little when grown men know the age of consent. Like, if I have to check what it is, she's probably too young for me.

Reactions: CanesUltimate11

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It always creeps me out a little when grown men know the age of consent. Like, if I have to check what it is, she's probably too young for me.

It's well known in the UK that the age of consent is 16. Kiwi I assume is from New Zealand so they are generally more aware of the UK laws than people from North America. Especially the States.

Reactions: Kiwi

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Many people probably know the age of consent because they've seen situations like this, thought "that can't be legal", and looked it up to find, shockingly, it is in fact legal.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
It's well known in the UK that the age of consent is 16. Kiwi I assume is from New Zealand so they are generally more aware of the UK laws than people from North America. Especially the States.
Again, why someone from New Zealand is looking up and knowledgeable about age of consent laws in another country is, on the surface, creepy. I'm not saying anything about anyone. I'm just saying that I don't really have any desire to know how young a girl can be before I could go to jail for ****ing her. That's just some information I don't need.

Many people probably know the age of consent because they've seen situations like this, thought "that can't be legal", and looked it up to find, shockingly, it is in fact legal.
Probably true. That said, something doesn't need to be illegal to be wrong. Having sex with a 16 year old girl while you're in your 30's might be LEGAL, but you're a creepy bastard if you're doing it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

I spent over a decade living in North Wales (Wrexham) I have an understanding of UK law

I see what you did there, is that a backhanded way of insinuating I engage in that type of behavior?

Pathetic, what I'd expect but Pathetic none the less

VMBM

And it didn't even bring me down
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Having sex with a 16 year old girl while you're in your 30's might be LEGAL, but you're a creepy bastard if you're doing it.
The world seems to be full of creepy bastards; for example, 90 % (?) of your favourite rock stars. For guys like Jimmy Page and Bill Wyman, though, 16-year olds were waaay too old. :sarcasm:

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
I spent over a decade living in North Wales (Wrexham) I have an understanding of UK law

I see what you did there, is that a backhanded way of insinuating I engage in that type of behavior?

Pathetic, what I'd expect but Pathetic none the less
Cool dude. I don't care what you do or don't know. I think knowing the age of consent and then using it as a "yeah but" sort of quasi-defense is sort of creepy. Feel free to think it's just good information to have. Literally don't care.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Cool dude. I don't care what you do or don't know. I think knowing the age of consent and then using it as a "yeah but" sort of quasi-defense is sort of creepy. Feel free to think it's just good information to have. Literally don't care.

It's the law, your pathetic virtue signaling means literally nothing
WHAT HE DID ISN'T CRIMINAL

From my experience the most vocal about something like this tend to have something to hide, you are awfully vocal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad