Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
can I say good? But my guess his lawyers will try to use it to get out of jail and get home arrest

I'm personally a little skeptical because it seems like a convenient way to get released temporarily. Him and his team seem capable of lining up a false positive if they needed.

If it is true, and he at all needs a respirator, I hope he gets his place at the absolute back of the line.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm personally a little skeptical because it seems like a convenient way to get released temporarily. Him and his team seem capable of lining up a false positive if they needed.

If it is true, and he at all needs a respirator, I hope he gets his place at the absolute back of the line.

IT will be interesting to see how it plays out. His team has pulled out of trick in the book to try and get him off and my guess they will say it is cruel and unusual punishment or something like that.

As the court date got closer his team pulled the Bill Cosby defence (which worked for neither) saying that he was a frail old man. But two weeks prior he was out and about on a boat having a party.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
So he is able to get tested in jail before everyone else?

Sket-chy. I wouldn't be surprised if he dies in a few days due to 'Corona'

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He must have had some bad thetans or something I guess. It always sucks to find out someone who's work you've enjoyed is actually a monster, but when they belong to a cult that runs on intimidation and slavery it takes out some of the sting. He can rot.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Masterson was accused of raping a 23-year-old woman between January and December 2001, as well as accused of raping a 28-year-old woman between October and December in April 2003. He was also accused of raping a 23-year-old woman he invited to his home in that same year.

Huh?

member 51464

Doubt he gets jail time. His "church" will find a way to get him off
I think getting prison time for any almost 2 decade old rape seems unlikely. That seems like a tough thing for prosecution to prove unless there is a rape kit and other evidence from the time of.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Wasn’t he already charged and acquitted of this stuff years ago?

Wikipedia:
Danny Masterson - Wikipedia
Sexual assault allegations

On March 2017, four women filed sexual assault allegations against Masterson prompting a Los Angeles Police Department investigation.[2] Masterson, through his agent, has denied the allegations. In response to the accusations, Netflix fired Masterson from its comedy series The Ranch on December 5, 2017, saying in a statement, "Yesterday was his last day on the show, and production will resume in early 2018 without him." Masterson stated that he is "obviously very disappointed in Netflix's decision to write my character off of The Ranch."[28] A fifth woman who dated Masterson made similar rape accusations in December 2017.[29] He was dropped as a client by United Talent Agency.[30][31][32]
A planned 2019 episode of Leah Remini's show Aftermath, focusing on the Masterson rape allegations, was delayed due to what one of Masterson's accusers characterized as pressure from the Church of Scientology.[33] The episode eventually aired on August 27, 2019.[34]
Cedric Bixler-Zavala, singer for the bands The Mars Volta and At the Drive-In, alleged that Masterson sexually assaulted his wife Chrissie Carnell Bixler, and stated his band's song "Incurably Innocent" (from the 2017 album In•ter a•li•a) is about the incident.[35][36][37]
In August 2019, four women filed a lawsuit against Masterson and the Church of Scientology for stalking and harassment, stemming from their rape allegations. One plaintiff claimed her dog died from (unexplained) traumatic injuries to its trachea and esophagus, also alleging that church members chased her as she drove her car, filmed her without permission, harassed her online and posted ads to social media sites soliciting sex in her name. Another plaintiff stated that she and her neighbors observed a man snapping pictures from her driveway and later that night someone broke a window in her 13-year-old daughter's bedroom.[38][39][32] Such stalking and harassment claims are indicative of a Scientology term titled Fair Game, officially cancelled by L. Ron Hubbard in 1968; yet the plaintiffs' lawyers claim it continues still to any detractors and ex-church-members, through 'outsourcing' to private investigators and off duty police officers.[40][41] Masterson has since responded to one of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit claiming "I’m not going to fight my ex-girlfriend in the media like she’s been baiting me to do for more than two years. I will beat her in court—and look forward to it because the public will finally be able to learn the truth and see how I’ve been railroaded by this woman and once her lawsuit is thrown out, I intend to sue her and the others who jumped on the bandwagon for the damage they caused me and my family." He did not address the stalking or harassment claims.[38][32]
On January 22, 2020, Bixler-Zavala of The Mars Volta and At The Drive-In reported that a second of his family pets had to be put down due to being fed rat poison wrapped inside a rolled-up piece of raw meat, alleging this was done by Scientologists in response to his repeated public statements alleging Masterson raped his wife (who was one of the four women who filed suit against Masterson). Masterson has yet to directly respond to any of Bixler-Zavala's claims or his prior rape allegations made by Chrissie Carnell Bixler with the closest acknowledgment being Masterson's wife Bijou Phillips making an Instagram post mocking Carnell Bixler's court papers against Masterson.[42][43][44][45]
On June 17, 2020, Masterson was charged with raping a 23-year-old woman in 2001, a 28-year-old woman in early 2003 and a 23-year-old woman in late 2003. The three counts come after a three-year investigation beginning in 2017. If convicted, Masterson faces up to 45 years in prison.[46][47]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Isn’t his wife a piece of work too? I seem to recall people saying some pretty bad things about her.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I won't say that I think he did or didn't do it, but he's 100% correct in that the current climate is one of guilty until proven innocent. Especially when it comes to sexual assault allegations. Social media does what it always does. Takes half information and runs with full-blown flaming pitchforks.

member 51464

I won't say that I think he did or didn't do it, but he's 100% correct in that the current climate is one of guilty until proven innocent. Especially when it comes to sexual assault allegations. Social media does what it always does. Takes half information and runs with full-blown flaming pitchforks.
Being judged guilty in the court of public opinion regardless of legal outlook or outcome has been around since before social media existed. Fortunately for him, "innocent until proven guilty" is still how it works in the court of law.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Being judged guilty in the court of public opinion regardless of legal outlook or outcome has been around since before social media existed. Fortunately for him, "innocent until proven guilty" is still how it works in the court of law.
The difference is now that millions of people make snap judgements with little to no real information. Court of public opinion has always been around you're right but it's weight and effects now are much bigger and far reaching than they used to be. It permeates legal proceedings in ways that it never used to before.

A rape allegation in today's society is almost certainly a guilty verdict on your character in the eyes of thousands of people who then further disparage you all over the internet before anything is proven. Even if you do come out innocent, you're still forever a rapist in the eyes of many.

Again I'm not commenting on whether he is or isn't guilty, because I don't know. Just that I think he was correct in his comments on how people perceive guilt in today's society.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad