Confirmed with Link: Holland to Arizona for conditional pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Petterson is probably not going to be seeing the NHL any time soon, but I think Kase's eventually going to be a 30-ish point player if he keeps hustling like he has these past few games.

Sort of like a more offensive version of Cogliano, which isn't too bad of a thing to be.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He should probably fire his agent.

Trying to hold Lou Lamoriello hostage, usually isn't a good move

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Hopefully Holland is gone soon. I like him as a guy, but he accomplishes next to nothing on the ice. He could still possibly carve out a niche on a 3/4 line of a team with poor forward depth, but that's not us anymore.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Pretty clear that Holland fell out of favour with Babcock, hopefully Lou gets something of value.

A bit frustrating though - he's a much better player than Smith who shouldn't even be in the NHL

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Pretty clear that Holland fell out of favour with Babcock, hopefully Lou gets something of value.

A bit frustrating though - he's a much better player than Smith who shouldn't even be in the NHL

why? why shouldn't smith - who is really helping our Penalty kill - shouldn't be in the NHL? how is Smith hurting our team exactly? quite frankly, even this is true - that speaks more volumes on Holland not being able to beat Smith then Smith or Babcock quite frankly.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
We had a couple users claim he was better than Kadri

there were people who said that Holland could be better than him.
and that - and saying Holland could be our #1 centre (which I never remember anyone saying) are two totally different things.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
We had a couple users claim he was better than Kadri

There was a thread on the main boards a few years ago, where people were saying "Holland AINEC" (this was when he was with Anaheim)

Most of the arguments were compete, size and two way play... How the tables have turned :laugh:

But Leafs fans are always wrong and "neutral fans" on the main boards know all.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Babs seems to like him :dunno:

i think it's more Babcock trusts him. I think there are other things other than just being going on faceoffs. I personally don't have a problem with smith. he's on the 4th line and in 2 years he'll be gone for good

wmark

Apr 5, 2014
I hope Holland gets waived so he gets his chance.

Tough for him to develop his game if he doesn't play.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Be real, nobody rational said that.

Just checking 1 thread from 2 years ago I found comparisons to Patrice Bergeron, 1st line potential, any many thinking he was the key to solidifying our Center position.

We will lose a few likable prospects, and players over the next few years that likely would of been our best prospects a couple years ago but don't cut it on a better team. Slow the hype train on the young players, and hope for the best!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
why? why shouldn't smith - who is really helping our Penalty kill - shouldn't be in the NHL? how is Smith hurting our team exactly? quite frankly, even this is true - that speaks more volumes on Holland not being able to beat Smith then Smith or Babcock quite frankly.

I think having a guy dump the puck in the PK is skill set that is fairly replaceable.

I don't trust him for a moment out on the ie 5v5 situations. Would have much preferred to have a guy like Holland or even Griffin who at least had a chance to put the puck on the net.

Smith has dreadful possession numbers - so I do challenge the claim that he's as defensively capable as he's being made out to be in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad