Confirmed with Link: Holland to Arizona for conditional pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Holland 2pts in his first game and Seth Griffith is playing on the first line in FLA. Meanwhile we have Smith. FLA and ARZ are huge proponents of ADV stats and its paying off atleast in these two players.

What does Holland have to do with ADV stats? He's had one season of CF% of more than 50%.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Babcock has his own system and you have to fit it in his way and it's hard to see players like Grabner go to a team like the Rangers and excel only because they have a different system that fits the way they play, same with Kessel and it plays to their talents but seeing Holland go, I think he too can excel on another team but Babcock has to fit young players going forward with the Leafs and form a team for the future, there are going to be many more players sent packing that we think can do a good job but won't fit Babcock's criteria.

Grabner played more minutes with us than he's getting with the Rangers. The difference in production is the current unsustainable 20% S% he's sporting right now. If he shot 20% last year he would have ended up with 23 goals.

He probably would have been offered a contract if not for the half a dozen rookies knocking on the door.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Grabner played more minutes with us than he's getting with the Rangers. The difference in production is the current unsustainable 20% S% he's sporting right now. If he shot 20% last year he would have ended up with 23 goals.

He probably would have been offered a contract if not for the half a dozen rookies knocking on the door.

Yeah Grabner, wow, I remember he was getting breakaways like a dime a dozen but never converting. It got to the point, where I thought the opp stopped caring when he got behind their dmen anymore. MAN, he had so many breakaways and didn't score it too funny.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Babcock has his own system and you have to fit it in his way and it's hard to see players like Grabner go to a team like the Rangers and excel only because they have a different system that fits the way they play, same with Kessel and it plays to their talents but seeing Holland go, I think he too can excel on another team but Babcock has to fit young players going forward with the Leafs and form a team for the future, there are going to be many more players sent packing that we think can do a good job but won't fit Babcock's criteria.

And there will also be some players Babs gets more out of it.

Grabner has an unsustainable shooting %.

Players sometimes have hot stretches or get lucky. People also were upset about giving up on Panik but what's he done since a half dozen or so games where everything went his way? I remember the same thing about Stalberg years ago.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

Players sometimes have hot stretches or get lucky. People also were upset about giving up on Panik but what's he done since a half dozen or so games where everything went his way? I remember the same thing about Stalberg years ago.

Don't forget about Colbourne when he would go on the odd hot streak!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't really care one way or another about fourth line players. They are recyclable, Holland is better than Smith but in the grand scheme of things, neither of them has a future here.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

The big difference is Babcock had him anchored on the 4th line and he is a much better scoring threat than a lot of players we had here at the time.

One has to wonder if we were in Tank mode and some players are and were miscast in their roles on the team and maybe still are.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
The big difference is Babcock had him anchored on the 4th line and he is a much better scoring threat than a lot of players we had here at the time.

One has to wonder if we were in Tank mode and some players are and were miscast in their roles on the team and maybe still are.

Grabner played almost the entire 2nd half of the season on the Leafs "top line" with Leo and Kadri. That's why his minutes ended up being pretty decent over the course of the season.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Yeah Grabner, wow, I remember he was getting breakaways like a dime a dozen but never converting. It got to the point, where I thought the opp stopped caring when he got behind their dmen anymore. MAN, he had so many breakaways and didn't score it too funny.

It's kind of evened out if you put last year and this year together: then, nothing went in; now, everything does. Sucks for the Leafs; super good luck for the Rangers. Probably cost Graber a ton of dough too.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Grabner played almost the entire 2nd half of the season on the Leafs "top line" with Leo and Kadri. That's why his minutes ended up being pretty decent over the course of the season.

This is the lineup I remember.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad