Holland on Babcock

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
James
@Account4hockey

wow Ken Holland answering the question about Mike Babcock as if the reason players didn't like him was because of ice time.

James
@Account4hockey

·
58m
Replying to
@Account4hockey
"There's a fine line between trying to push players... To make sure there's respect is the most important part" The correct follow up question here is "Do you think Babcock crossed the line?"

Reactions: MC2D

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
James
@Account4hockey

I'm not taking this at face value given how many players have said Holland protected Babcock. But *if* it's true, players not being comfortable enough to tell their GM that the coach was abusing players is a failure on Ken Holland's part in itself.

Reactions: 2xJack

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Fire him Edmonton, he's obviously a terrible human being that promotes abusive culture. He probably gets some sadistic enjoyment out of it. Ken Holland is truly an evil man.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
James
@Account4hockey

·
1h
This is an absolute dumpster fire press scrum by Ken Holland exposing just how much he enabled and protected Babcock's abuse. And the reporters are lobbing some softball questions/not pressing hard enough.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Fire him Edmonton, he's obviously a terrible human being that promotes abusive culture. He probably gets some sadistic enjoyment out of it. Ken Holland is truly an evil man.

Lets be honest, if Gen X had the same weak mentality as Millennial's and Gen Z's in terms of the #metoo outcry, then Scotty Bowman and many other coaches would be ripped from the HHOF and any statues, posters, books would all be burned to the ground and their name and success would completely be removed from the history books.

That's where we are heading.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lets be honest, if Gen X had the same mentality as Millennial's and Gen Z's in terms of the #metoo outcry, then Scotty Bowman and many other coaches would be ripped from the HHOF and any statues, posters, books would all be burned to the ground and completely removed from the history books.

That's where we are heading.
It was reported Sheldon Keefe addressed the players after the game last night, something he regularly never does. Hope he didn't call the players out for bailing on their goalie too hard, he might get fired.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
AND so? these were retweeteed by @iyer_prashanth who does a Red Wings podcast with Max Bultman . who are you?
Read the rest of my post. No shit. Not news. He wanted him to still be coaching the Wings. Obviously supports him. Piggy backing from Iyer (who already tried to push narratives about this) doesn't matter to me.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Red Wing Rantings
@RedWingRantings

·
Dec 2
I want to see someone ask Ken Holland why he didn't ever fire Babcock. I want to hear him attempt to excuse his actions
Would GM's even have an insight on what shady practices coaches have? Like I would have a hard time believing Babcock would openly tell his GM about asking certain players about their teammates work ethic. Why would he feel the need to let his GM in on that? Unless I missed it and its been leaked that players were going to Holland complaining about specific things about Babs?

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
Would GM's even have an insight on what shady practices coaches have? Like I would have a hard time believing Babcock would openly tell his GM about asking certain players about their teammates work ethic. Why would he feel the need to let his GM in on that? Unless I missed it and its been leaked that players were going to Holland complaining about specific things about Babs?
not in the NHL.ask Daley about Van Biesbrouk about abuse

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm sure if the truth was told, many HOF coaches successfully used similar methods in their hay day. They always said Scotty Bowman was the most hated man by his team 364 days a year...

I doubt GEN X players are going to come out and say #metoo in regards to HOF coaches that lead them to victory. But it would be interesting if stuff gets leaked about Scotty Bowman. I'm sure he's the epitome of an "evil man".

Richard Gibson

Dec 5, 2018
I'm sure if the truth was told, many HOF coaches successfully used similar methods in their hay day. They always said Scotty Bowman was the most hated man by his team 364 days a year...

I doubt GEN X players are going to come out and say #metoo in regards to HOF coaches that lead them to victory. But it would be interesting if stuff gets leaked about Scotty Bowman. I'm sure he's the epitome of an "evil man".
its NOW 2019,that is why

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
James
@Account4hockey

wow Ken Holland answering the question about Mike Babcock as if the reason players didn't like him was because of ice time.

James
@Account4hockey

·
58m
Replying to
@Account4hockey
"There's a fine line between trying to push players... To make sure there's respect is the most important part" The correct follow up question here is "Do you think Babcock crossed the line?"
its another crazy liberal guilt tripping and talking non sense , trash this thread

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Beezer lost his team,he was GM.he deserved it
hmmm... I was under the impression you thought he should have been fired for his antics. I mean that what this thread is all about right? Not about him losing his team or didn't fit or what not. You say Holland protected Babcocks abuse then you say you don't think GM's know about these things? Am I getting that right? Im having trouble following what you are saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad