Post-Game Talk: Holland continues to dither, Oilers lose again

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
I know it’s insane, but I make this trade 10/10 times.
LOL, of course you would. I would would even add 3 1st round picks if Karlsson comes at 8 mil per.

I wouldn't be so upset with Nurse if he was scoring 15-20 pts a year but decent in his own end, dude is flat out a liability that cannot happened for what he's paid.

Reactions: TGOSnipes99

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Find it interesting both shore and puljujarvi played 7:30 and 8:15 respectively. Shore makes a bit of sense since he is more a call up but it’s another game where we are down a player and puljujarvi still isn’t getting playing time. Not sure I get what the plan is right now.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Find it interesting both shore and puljujarvi played 7:30 and 8:15 respectively. Shore makes a bit of sense since he is more a call up but it’s another game where we are down a player and puljujarvi still isn’t getting playing time. Not sure I get what the plan is right now.
Puljujarvi has had so much opportunity and he’s squandered it every single time this year and last.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
L take

You’ll cry when McDavid and Draisaitl leave and our best player is a 33 year old Nuge fighting for first overall pick every night

quite literally the worst take I’ve read this year considering we don’t have either and we’ll end up with nothing if we don’t do anything
This is where you are so wrong.
We must have a team WHEN those guys need to decide if they should stay or not. Trade all your assets now and even win now but have nothing left at contract time why would they stay? Ever here of the story of the old bull and young bull looking down at the herd of cows. That's the mentality of many board members.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
I doubt Ken's coming on here (or other internet sites) to get advise and guidance, lol. He will do what he does, when he does it. Excuse me though, if I'm a little scared as to what he finally produces. Should be exciting is nothing else.
Of course he doesn't come on here, thats was meant for the "All in now no matter the cost" people

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Trades; get it right Ken, don't let the internet GMs force you into a rushed decision. You know the end game. Franchise, not a one shot attempt.

lol Holland is still deciding what gifts he's buying for his family for Christmas 2022. He'll get on this whole Oilers business after that.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Have to mention that it was an extremely entertaining game today, as was last game with the Rags. Definitely got your moneys worth if you love offensive hockey.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Something I thought about after I had my post-game nap.

Did the mismanagement of Klefbom's shoulder injury significantly diminish McDavid's chance at a cup?

I mean if you think about it, if Klefbom is still here and playing:

- Nurse probably doesn't pop off the same way in the bubble and doesn't make 9 milly.
- Larsson maybe doesn't leave for Seattle.
- We potentially draft Zegras instead of Broberg in 2019.
- Barrie probably doesn't get re-upped in 2021.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
VD

Or if Larsson still leaves:

Klefbom-Ceci
Nurse-Barrie
Kulak-Bouchard
VD

I was not looking at cap numbers or anything, just spitballing.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
I just watched the game and thought the oilers played really well ...not like the rags game where they didn't even really deserve to get a point post first period.

I feel very strongly that defense should be the focus... But I felt like defense had improved a few weeks back when we had Vinny and 11/7 and felt like maybe another forward like pk for trade acquisition...

Now I don't even know what to think especially since we don't know what's going on with Kane... Yamamoto is too light to make an impact... JP discussion about possibly being extended...

It's psychotic...three weeks ago they looked like one piece from being incredibly cohesive and dominant...thought JP was done... Yamamoto coming back has done more damage than good and now Holloway who looks more comfortable than Yamamoto with the puck in my opinion is hurt...

The asg is like a curse...turned everything upside down.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
You’re assuming there’s a plan!!! Heyo!!!

it's easily the worst contract on the team, and one of the worst in the league, and it's just over 10% done. Yikes.
Darnell’s contract says hiiiiii hehehe

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Something I thought about after I had my post-game nap.

Did the mismanagement of Klefbom's shoulder injury significantly diminish McDavid's chance at a cup?

I mean if you think about it, if Klefbom is still here and playing:

- Nurse probably doesn't pop off the same way in the bubble and doesn't make 9 milly.
- Larsson maybe doesn't leave for Seattle.
- We potentially draft Zegras instead of Broberg in 2019.
- Barrie probably doesn't get re-upped in 2021.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Ceci
Kulak-Bouchard
VD

Or if Larsson still leaves:

Klefbom-Ceci
Nurse-Barrie
Kulak-Bouchard
VD

I was not looking at cap numbers or anything, just spitballing.
I’ve thought about the klefbom thing a lot. It def did not help. He was legit rounding Into a stud. Maybe not a top d man but one that could handle all situations.

And def his situation affected Larsson. Larsson seemed to f*** is around a little though too.

We were so patient with klef and he was finally paying off. Just so crappy for him to end up with that injury.

It’s not the whole reason for our current situation but it def doesnt help. It would push all our dman down one spot. Would be great

Last edited:

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
I think I enjoyed the decade of darkness better, at least we all knew we sucked and didn't have the best couple of players in the league.

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Woody continues to play McDrai too much. Expecially McDavid's defensive game was a shit show. Roll the lines more equally!

Reactions: Oil53

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
It's ok guys:

I know everyone is hating on Nurse right now, but it seems like a lot of people think we would be a better team if we healthy scratched him. I can agree he's not a #1 dman, but do people honestly think he doesn't even belong in the NHL and we are a better team without him in the lineup, hence the healthy scratch thoughts?

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
I know everyone is hating on Nurse right now, but it seems like a lot of people think we would be a better team if we healthy scratched him. I can agree he's not a #1 dman, but do people honestly think he doesn't even belong in the NHL and we are a better team without him in the lineup, hence the healthy scratch thoughts?

Well, he's a decent defender. But him accepting that money put preassure on him that he can not handle. He's trying to compensate by playing above his capacity while he should make simple plays.

There is, if you will, a discrepancy between the theory of Darnell Nurse and the practice of Darnell Nurse. This void fuels uncertainty if you are Darnell and anger if you are a fan.

Reactions: BlackDogg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
what the hell was Campbell doing on that O'Connor goal?

This team isnt going anywhere in the playoffs with these goalies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad