Post-Game Talk: Holland continues to dither, Oilers lose again

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
My question is why the hell does this team get a flu every single year? I haven't had a flu in years, do these guys not wash their hands? Spend too much time in clubs? Seems like every year we get into the winter and the team gets decimated by some sickness.
When you do things at a high level and are constantly in cold to warm environment it’s actually easier to catch flu bugs and viruses. The more you exert yourself the harder your body has to work to fight these things off.

Reactions: Oilhawks

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Gazzola had a couple of good takes on the game on the Oil Stream podcast.

- The depth was playing well and the big dogs were shit (especially defensively) - why did Woodcroft shorten the bench in the 3rd?

- No matter how you slice it, the fact that McDavid and Drai are a combined -1 indicates that there is something wrong here

Couldn't agree any more on point #2 - it honestly doesn't really matter what we do on defense if our top two centres are going to treat defensive play with the flat out disregard that they have lately. McDavid especially has just been horrid. Their play defensively this year isn't just a step back from last year (where both made strides I thought), but more of a step back to 17-18 when they were still learning how to be consistent 200 foot pros. It just isn't acceptable and its so bad at the moment that anything they produce is basically being washed back out.

Coach needs to hold them accountable, but he either isn't or they aren't listening. They might need to not see as many shifts down the stretch of games where we have a two goal lead for them to get the message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad