HOH Top 100- First Round of Voting

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
That's actually worse. I'd be willing to bet 75% of the participants could correctly predict the top 10, just not the order. Also, the way the voting works is that the pool of candidates is always twice as large as the number of spots being voted on. So for the first set of voting we'll be voting on places 1-5, but the top 10 from the aggregate will be the pool of eligibles. Also, keep in mind this is a Top 100 list. The extra 20 spots were simply to act as a buffer for the bottom of the list players who are just barely out vs. not even close for voters. I also think the debating will become MORE intense the lower we get, not less. At the top everyone has basically the same guys in some order or another. At the bottom the values fluctuate far more which means the range of opinions is far greater so the potential for debate should be at it's peak.

Well I see your point. To me discussing Messier/Morenz/Lafleur will be a lot more entertaining than discussing Abel/Ratelle and such but I agree opinions will fluctuate a lot more at the bottom. Is there a limit of spots a player can fall or progess?

I don't mind making 101-120 honorable mentions. I say we decide when we get there.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Well I see your point. To me discussing Messier/Morenz/Lafleur will be a lot more entertaining than discussing Abel/Ratelle and such but I agree opinions will fluctuate a lot more at the bottom. Is there a limit of spots a player can fall or progess?

I don't mind making 101-120 honorable mentions. I say we decide when we get there.

Players realistically can't climb more than 10 spots if we vote 5 spots at a time. Players can fall as far as they fall, but it's pretty unlikely that they'd plummet more than 5 spots from their aggregate ranking. I expect this round to be more akin to a tweaking than a full-scale realignment.

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Players realistically can't climb more than 10 spots if we vote 5 spots at a time. Players can fall as far as they fall, but it's pretty unlikely that they'd plummet more than 5 spots from their aggregate ranking. I expect this round to be more akin to a tweaking than a full-scale realignment.

Great. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad