Hoffman top 5 wrister in the league?

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
No way it's top 5, but definitely top 6. In the top 6, I would probably rank it as number 4.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Hoffman's not a bad looking dude. Bure looked like he wore lip stick so I dunno. I did have a sweet poster of bure with a rocket in the background growing up though. That was cool.

Bure was faster than Hoffman with better hands but I think Hoffman has a better release. Bure had a good shot, but most of the goals I remember were breakaway dangles because he was so fast.

Can confirm this

Source: GF has crush on him and calls him Hottman

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
I become more and more boggled that a player this good dropped to the 5th round. He has great speed, an awesome shot and good puck skills. Sure, he's not the biggest player, but the 5th round?

Actually, he got passed over 11 time. He was drafted the year after he was first eligible.

He has a unique path to the NHL and his breakout is mirrored in all the other leagues he played in.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Junior
- First 2 seasons: 64 GP, 48 PTS
- Last 2 seasons: 119 GP, 179 PTS

AHL
- First 3 seasons: 191 GP, 102 PTS
- Last season: 51 GP, 67 PTS

NHL
- First 3 seasons: 29 GP, 6 PTS
- Last 2 seaons: 100 GP, 73 PTS

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Pound for pound the guy is up there in almost all offensive categories.....his wrister and slap shot are unreal, the release alone should get any hockey fan excited...he tends to score alot of his goals in jaw dropping fashion and has to be one of the fastest skaters in the league. Right now i feel his shot is top 5 for sure in that it is so versatile, powerful and coming from any and all angles. Stamkos has cooled a touch and the only two other guys i can picture in the all around convo are Ovie Seguin and Tarasenko.

Guy is gonna get paid!

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
[NHL]647758[/NHL]
Dude is a great player. This goal last season is when I realized that he could really play in this league

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
I posted it earlier.

Perry
Ovie
Kessel
Silfverberg (I know you might not think it belongs here, but it's an incredible wrister
Tarasenko

as discussed earlier, if you dont score much with it then how can it be one of the best? Like Semin, I would assume they dont get it off fast enough. imo, thats the biggest difference between being a top sniper and not.

no ones mentioned Mike Fisher's wrister, I remember it being quite good.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
as discussed earlier, if you dont score much with it then how can it be one of the best? Like Semin, I would assume they dont get it off fast enough. imo, thats the biggest difference between being a top sniper and not.

no ones mentioned Mike Fisher's wrister, I remember it being quite good.

Very good point.

Speaking of the bolded, his wrist shot got clocked at 97mph.

Being able to use your wrist shot should be considered when discussing people with the best shot. Getting your shot off quickly from anywhere is what helps make a shot so good.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Very good point.

Being able to use your wrist shot should be considered when discussing people with the best shot. Getting your shot off quickly from anywhere is what helps make a shot so good.
Holy ****...97mph?

Agrees with the rest, while the clapper is always fun...most don't shoot over 100mph. If you have a wrister that clocks over 90mph, I'd say that could be deadlier, especially if you have a wicked release. I'd love to know Tarasenko's wrister MPH....

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Holy ****...97mph?

Agrees with the rest, while the clapper is always fun...most don't shoot over 100mph. If you have a wrister that clocks over 90mph, I'd say that could be deadlier, especially if you have a wicked release. I'd love to know Tarasenko's wrister MPH....

Yeah. This was back in his ottawa days. Dean Brown, the sens play by play guy, used to love to mention how he could shoot the puck harder with his wrist shot then most guys could with their slap shot. Of course most of these shots went right into the goalies chest.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Very good point.

This wrist shot was clocked at 80 MPH. A 97 MPH wrist shot seems impossible, most guys can't shoot a slap shot that hard.

Aceonfire*

Well, after last night, we can say Hoff is a faster skater than Kane. Damn, that kid has wheels.

Top 5 wrister, best toe-drag, faster than Kane.

I think I know who the most overrated player is right now.

Yeesh.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Just watched a compilation of his goals from last year, he has barely any garbage goals, he scores a lot of them from the hash marks or even further, and most of them are wrist shots too.

That's really impressive.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
This wrist shot was clocked at 80 MPH. A 97 MPH wrist shot seems impossible, most guys can't shoot a slap shot that hard.

Fisher's shot was probably clocked during a drill. You can get extra velocity when you can come straight at the net at full speed without worrying about shooting around a defender.

Aceonfire*

4th best PPG in the league and he literally outskated a full backcheck mode Patrick Kane, but you're right he's overrated.

Nice sample size there..

If John Scott was shooting at 20% even he would have a few goals..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad