Hockeybuzz - Habs won't make the PO

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
I'd like to know the 8 teams that will be ahead of us.

Boston? Sure
Pittsburgh? Fine
Tampa Bay? Possible but not a guarantee
Detroit? Probably not
NY Rangers? They regressed IMO so no
Columbus? No
Washington? Complete unknown at this point with Trotz as coach but I'll say no
Philadelphia? No

TOR/BUF/OTT/FLA/CAR/NYI/NJ <----lol

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
The habs are younger, full of potential, but have even more question marks. We're in somewhat of a transition phase, so anything can happen IMHO. That said, the eastern conference is weak and the habs have a chance just like pretty much any other team in the conference to make the playoffs.

MauriceTheGreat*

The loss of Briere on the 4th line is so gonna hurt.
And those 6 goals from Vanek, can't imagine.

MrDangles67

Jun 17, 2014
Nb,Canada
I'd like to know the 8 teams that will be ahead of us.

Boston? Sure
Pittsburgh? Fine
Tampa Bay? Possible but not a guarantee
Detroit? Probably not
NY Rangers? They regressed IMO so no
Columbus? No
Washington? Complete unknown at this point with Trotz as coach but I'll say no
Philadelphia? No

TOR/BUF/OTT/FLA/CAR/NYI/NJ <----lol

Briere didn't do good in montreal neither did Vanek except when he was with pacioretty and dd gionta and Gerard gallant are our only losses and you are right there are only three teams that can compete with us in the east even with the losses R.I.P gionta

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I think Tampa wins the division with Boston in second. Not sure where the Habs finish.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Brière will be 37 before the season starts. Not dumping on him but seriously, no dramatic loss. A healthy Price and Subban will take us were we need to go.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The loss of Brière... The guy that played on the 4th line and eventually got benched?

People underrating the Habs, same old, same old.

habitue*

With Price in goal and Subban on D, we have already a good foundation for a Playoffs team for years to come.

I don't think DD, Bourque or Eller can do worse than last season. A healthy, more seasoned Galchenyuk will provide his fair share of offense. No doubt in my mind that Pacioretty can crack the 40 goals mark. We have a more mobile, better skating d-corp. Parenteau can provide more offense than Gionta. Gallagher will score 25 at least. Plekky should do as well if not better.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Scoring will be our biggest challenge, defensively and in Goal we are in great shape but I worry about scoring. 5 on 5 we must improve, it can go either way but I want to believe we are a team on the rise with great potential and we will be a playoff team.

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
nice. that means we will

Was about to say that.

Looking at the east, I don't think I even see eight teams with even a chance to finish higher than the habs. Boston, Pitt, TB, NY, Columbus,NYI and Detroit. New Jersey might have a chance actually so that would make it eight teams but odds are that we finish higher then more than half of those. Therrien's the question mark but Bergevin made the lineup mostly Therrien-proof (especially on D) so I'm not that worried.

Also, I don't know if I missed it but they didn't mention Gionta (or Gorges) as a loss. Seriously, they name Briere but not Gionta. How?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
It really depends on Gilbert and the rookie D. Then it depends if Galchenyuk and Eller and Bork play better. That's it really.

We can expect more points from Pleks, he had a torrid year, and with Gionta and Gorges gone we should see better cycling and possession.

But if we struggle, it won't be a surprise -- our centres constantly underperform and we don't have an offensive game-breaker.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I think the season depends a lot on if Galchenyuk takes the next step. If he does, he will help shoulder the loss of Briere/Vanek/Gionta(hate them all you want - they scored 37 goals combined last year), but if he is still around 30-40 points(He's still only 20 let's not forget), we are going to have a hard time scoring.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have a hard time scoring at some point, Bergevin makes a big move, to put his "stamp" on the team if you will. So far I think he's done a nice job of bringing our young players along nicely and adding good complimentary depth but he hasn't essentially changed the makeup of the team, although he has started by getting rid of Gorges and Gionta.

Given our depth on D prospects, it would not surprise me to see Bergevin try to land another young scoring winger to complement the forward group.

We'll see, quite excited for the year!!! Can't come soon enough.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It really depends on Gilbert and the rookie D. Then it depends if Galchenyuk and Eller and Bork play better. That's it really.

We can expect more points from Pleks, he had a torrid year, and with Gionta and Gorges gone we should see better cycling and possession.

But if we struggle, it won't be a surprise -- our centres constantly underperform and we don't have an offensive game-breaker.

Truth, we had the savior in Vanek but his heart was in Minnisoda, he did not have the desire to be here, too bad though, we could use a guy like that. Scoring will be the issue and hopefully some of the young guys are ready to blossom.

TwineSniper

Aug 29, 2003
Canada
These guys are ****ing morons! I'm sorry.

And that's not hate for what they say about the Habs, I sadly watched more. Just the way they talk about hockey, the reasons they give, it's complete armchair, generic ********.

It makes me sick that these guys have gotten rich by this, how stupid do you have to be to find them entertaining?! It's fuel for the lowest common denominator, that's it.

Me and my boys talk better hockey just having a beer in the dressing room after a night of pick up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad