GDT: Hockeyball: Bruins at Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm happy they did not mail it in at home and basically dominated the 3rd and were within a hair of winning in regulation.

Tomorrow should be ugly though, 5pm start and CBJ did not play tonight.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Unless we're getting a damn fine young forward or a 1st+ back I'm not even going to entertain the notion of trading Elias.

But of course, no one will trade that for a declining 38 year old with therm left.
That's probably where I'm at as well. I might scratch my head for a minute thinking about a 2nd rnder, but I'd be fine just keeping patty in that spot.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's probably where I'm at as well. I might scratch my head for a minute thinking about a 2nd rnder, but I'd be fine just keeping patty in that spot.

You'd rather keep a 39 yr old for one more season than possibly getting another Patty type of player for a decade?

Patty got 400 goals and 1000 points here, if the right offer comes across Lou's desk and it's a contending team like the Hawks or Ducks, I hope Lou calls Patty into his office.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You'd rather keep a 39 yr old for one more season than possibly getting another Patty type of player for a decade?

Patty got 400 goals and 1000 points here, if the right offer comes across Lou's desk and it's a contending team like the Hawks or Ducks, I hope Lou calls Patty into his office.

I'd consider it, I dunno. 2nd rnders are nice, but certainly not sure things, especially late in the rnd. Then again, the more you have the better your odd's.

Do we think Elias plays beyond this contract?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I go away from this thread and now we're talking about trading Elias? Okay maybe I'd rather have the nutball postgame than that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Essentially the postgame was still trying to make the case that the one point helped and we were still in the race :laugh:

Company tools they are.

Since I jinxed this dude's shutout tonight, I'll start early on tomorrow night.

Columbus is getting a SHUTOUT!

SHUTOUT! SHUTOUT! SHUTOUT! SHUOUT!

What the hell is that Columbus backup's name anyway? I'm sure Bob is not back yet.

Isn't it like McBackupwhatever or something really long like that?

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Company tools they are.

Since I jinxed this dude's shutout tonight, I'll start early on tomorrow night.

Columbus is getting a SHUTOUT!

SHUTOUT! SHUTOUT! SHUTOUT! SHUOUT!

What the hell is that Columbus backup's name anyway? I'm sure Bob is not back yet.

Isn't it like McBackupwhatever or something really long like that?

You've been drinking a little bit to much of those zero calorie drinks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I know the situations are different, and in some ways the rationale say's it's easier to cater to the fwd or hide a fwd then it is a goalie. But Marty is also an all time legend of the sport. He's way bigger to the game, and the franchise. He got squeezed.

What does Marty's situation have to do with wanting to trade Elias? Seems to me like you want Elias dealt purely out of spite because of what happened with Marty.

And as others have said there are more than sentimental reasons to keep Elias around...he's still better than most of the dreck we have. Not to mention you aren't really getting much for him that would even make it worth dealing him at this point.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Marty was not a good NHL goaltender anymore and there is only one goalie who can play majority of the games.

It's not the same with forwards and Patty is a way better forward rn than Marty was a goalie last year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What does Marty's situation have to do with wanting to trade Elias? Seems to me like you want Elias dealt purely out of spite because of what happened with Marty.

And as others have said there are more than sentimental reasons to keep Elias around...he's still better than most of the dreck we have. Not to mention you aren't really getting much for him that would even make it worth dealing him at this point.

Yeah Elias isn't really all that great anymore, he really isn't bad either though. Not by this team's standards.

Because of seeing Marty play somewhere else, I'm not as sentimental about Patty staying a Devil for the duration of his career.

I don't think we should get rid of him now. Maybe next year's deadline if we're out of it. Unless he plans to retire anyway. I see him playing one more year after next.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Essentially the postgame was still trying to make the case that the one point helped and we were still in the race :laugh:

I had a feeling.

Why don't we put some numbers to this.

To have a 90% chance to get in at worst we can go 18-0-2 the rest of the way. And that still leaves about a 10% chance of missing.

To have a coin flip 50% chance of making it. We are looking at 16-2-2. Only 50% even with that kind of 20 game tear.

Basically anything less then 15 wins out of 20 is guranteed miss. Anything less then 17 and odds are against you making it.

So Deb and Jmac need to put it to bed. Steve and Dano too tomorrow. Would take a winning streak that we haven't seen almost ever.

Funny thing. Ottawa actually has the best chance outside the top 8 with a 20% chance. Everyone else is under 10%. Philly is pretty much no chance. Florida is extremely slim.

Boston holds all the cards still. No guarantee but the odds are in their favor.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had a feeling.

Why don't we put some numbers to this.

To have a 90% chance to get in at worst we can go 18-0-2 the rest of the way. And that still leaves about a 10% chance of missing.

To have a coin flip 50% chance of making it. We are looking at 16-2-2. Only 50% even with that kind of 20 game tear.

Basically anything less then 15 wins out of 20 is guranteed miss. Anything less then 17 and odds are against you making it.

So Deb and Jmac need to put it to bed. Steve and Dano too tomorrow. Would take a winning streak that we haven't seen almost ever.

Funny thing. Ottawa actually has the best chance outside the top 8 with a 20% chance. Everyone else is under 10%. Philly is pretty much no chance. Florida is extremely slim.

Boston holds all the cards still. No guarantee but the odds are in their favor.
In before real time updates tomorrow night of the scores of Philly, Ottawa, Florida, and Boston's games by Steve all night.

Then again, most of those games will end way later than ours. Florida/Buffalo ends before us though, I'm sure Steve will give us real time updates.

I swear to god the Devils crew didn't even talk about the playoffs this much back in 2011, with all the real time score updates of team's ahead of us and thinking they're gonna get in.

They didn't even really start talking about it until we finally got 8-6 points out in early March. If that team (that was red hot down the stretch) couldn't even make it in from 6 points back in the first or second week of March, I can't see how this team making it being 8-10 back before March is even realistic at all.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Plus that team was streaking for two months, this team it was Mardi Gras when we finally had a four-game winning streak mostly against the cream of the crap.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Plus that team was streaking for two months, this team it was Mardi Gras when we finally had a four-game winning streak mostly against the cream of the crap.

Pretty much.:laugh:

Love seeing the bleedism's being used around here. DD with the Bone Dust avatar too.:laugh:

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Was a pretty fun third period and OT to see live. The crowd was mostly dead until then which was completely warranted.

Anyway, I love Mike Cammalleri and Jordin Tootoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad