Allsvenskan: Hockeyallsvenskan 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Well Jonimaus, I'm happy for you! Congratulations, we'll see you next year ;)

I definitely wouldn't mind getting Västerås up next year, I hope that's where we meet and not back in allsvenskan :laugh:. Leksand can stay where they are though. ;)

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Wow !

Södertalje about to being relegated to Division 1 ! They need two regular wins combined with two regular losts of Sundsvall to avoid the relegation.

What a drop ! From the SHL, to Division 1 in 4 years !

And defunct within 10 years... :cry:

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Looks like it has been a good couple of weeks for clubs from Sweden's 'deep south'. Karlskrona, Rogle & Malmo go up to the SHL and Tingsyds & Pantern make it into the 2nd tier. Speaking of Pantern, how is that going to work economically? It looks like they are a club that generally doesn't play in front of much more than friends and family.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Wow !

Södertalje about to being relegated to Division 1 ! They need two regular wins combined with two regular losts of Sundsvall to avoid the relegation.

What a drop ! From the SHL, to Division 1 in 4 years !

And defunct within 10 years... :cry:

According to Swedish news sources, this will be the first time in the 113 years that SSK has existed (although the club has only played hockey since 1925) where the club will not be in the highest or second highest tier.

Some trivia: In the first ten years of playing hockey, SSK became Swedish champions twice - in 1925 and 1931.

The last time they became Elitserien champions (1985), Olof Palme was our Prime Minister.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Speaking of Pantern, how is that going to work economically? It looks like they are a club that generally doesn't play in front of much more than friends and family.
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. IK Pantern plays in front of 200 people most of the time, how do they compete in the Allsvenskan? Though i love the fact that even a "small team" like Pantern can get promoted and a "big team" like Södertälje can get relegated, that's what sports should be about. Not about money, but about results! Here in Finland we don't have Relegation games anymore and that has destroyed our 2nd tier league. I hate it and I wish we could learn something from Sweden and how they handle hockey. I'm pretty sure Swedish Hockey Fans would riot if relegation games were eliminated...

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Congrats Redhawks fans! Looking forward to making the trip to Malmö next year. Swedens best arena by far.

Last edited:

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
It's going to be nice to once again destroy Malmös SHL dreams.

Signed.

Edit: You got half your wish with Rögle advancing though. The best SHL dream would be malmö in SHL looking down at Rögle drowning in Allsvenskan.

Last edited:

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Damn. I knew that post would backfire on me.

This is the worst thing I have ever experienced in sports. Sucks that plastic-Malmö will go to SHL.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Damn. I knew that post would backfire on me.

This is the worst thing I have ever experienced in sports. Sucks that plastic-Malmö will go to SHL.

I don't think a Leksand fan is really in a position to downplay any team. ;)

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
A little late with this but now you don't have to worry about any KHL rumors anymore either. :laugh:

Can't have it all I guess. ;) :laugh:

(On a more serious note, most Swedes are in agreement it was just a way to put pressure on SHL, which they did kinda bow down to with the whole wild card thing a year ago, but luckily enough there was a big enough fan outcry to shut down the idea).

Uncle Leland

Dec 31, 2014
My god do I wish for some kind of promotion and relegation system that you guys have. The licence based system has totally killed the second tier hockey league in Finland. For your own sake please don't ever take that road.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
My god do I wish for some kind of promotion and relegation system that you guys have. The licence based system has totally killed the second tier hockey league in Finland. For your own sake please don't ever take that road.

The big difference is that the SHL could in theory have probably have 16 competitive teams. In Finland, we have barely 14. We don't have the depth with quality teams they have. If a team got relegated, that would be basically the end of that club. Even the players recognize this fact and quietly approve the license thing, because they don't want to lose jobs.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
So, Hockeyallsvenskan on Cmore.......

The Viasat guys did such a great job with it. Hopefully they can snag some on-air talent away and keep the connection between the viewers and the players just as well as Viasat has. The Cmore productions are great these days and they have good people but their stuff is way more distanced and broad analysis compared to Viasat's personal feel and nerdy analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad