Hockey people you don't like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Psycho Joe said:
Other than one single arbitration hearing he never stood up for himself. He created the Ray Bourque salary cap in Boston, affecting the salaries of every Bruin and every NHL d-man. Some people may say hooray for that, but I see a spineless twirp.

I don`t get this: when a player tries to make as much money as he can everybody moans about how greedy and selfish he is. Yet when a player settles for less money than he could make, he still gets criticized. There`s a famous story about Cam Neely (with assistance from liquid courage), verbally berating Bourque in front of all his teammates at a party for not going after Sinden for more money. Neely was upset because he felt that was holding back his salary. Extremely low class. If Neely had a problem with his salary he should`ve complained to his agent or Sinden; not Ray Bourque. And if he insisted on confronting Bourque about it he should have done it sober and privately, like a man.

KOVALEV10*

Bring Back Bucky said:
Your "I got owned by BBB" t-shirt is in the mail!! Wear it with pride!

Oh great I was wondering what to buy for my dog. Your tshirt would be just the perfect gift especially because there couldn't be a better story then two of the same species exchaning gifts... how lovely ;) Thanks in advance!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
KOVALEV10 said:
Oh great I was wondering what to buy for my dog. Your tshirt would be just the perfect gift especially because there couldn't be a better story then two of the same species exchaning gifts... how lovely ;) Thanks in advance!

Your "Property of BBB" temporary tattoo is enroute as well. Place tattoo on your skin, then press down hard with a damp cloth and enjoy displaying the fact that I own you. ;)

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
RangerBlues said:
I must be honest, the term habnots came from the back page of the NY Dailynews after the Rangers lost a playoff series against the Canadiens. It always has stuck in my head, Ive been calling them that eversince. And taking shots at the Habs just seems natural to me.
Many,many years ago, my fraternal grandmother was taking a train to NY to vist a distant relative. Apparently the Rangers were on the train and Buddy O'Connor, a Montrealer playing on the Rangers [if I got the story right], made sure the language was cleaned up and was very gracious to my aunt and grandmother. The 2 of them became lifelong Ranger fans and he was their favorite player. The youngest of the family,my uncle also followed their lead and became a NYR fanatic. He has about 8 kids,also NY fans. They could well be the only ones on the West Island of Mtl. They will forever shame us.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
mcphee said:
Many,many years ago, my fraternal grandmother was taking a train to NY to vist a distant relative. Apparently the Rangers were on the train and Buddy O'Connor, a Montrealer playing on the Rangers [if I got the story right], made sure the language was cleaned up and was very gracious to my aunt and grandmother. The 2 of them became lifelong Ranger fans and he was their favorite player. The youngest of the family,my uncle also followed their lead and became a NYR fanatic. He has about 8 kids,also NY fans. They could well be the only ones on the West Island of Mtl. They will forever shame us.

As a Hab fan, I'd be a lot more embarassed by the thought that someone might associate Chooch & Kovalev10 with me!! Rest assured, no one here would make that mistake..

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Bring Back Bucky said:
As a Hab fan, I'd be a lot more embarassed by the thought that someone might associate Chooch & Kovalev10 with me!! Rest assured, no one here would make that mistake..
If they bother you so much just put them on ignore.

BTW, your Modano avatar may be the gayest thing I have ever seen.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
RangerBlues said:
No, I can relate to Habs fans, I live 3 miles from Yankee Stadium, so I'm baseball braindamaged in the same way
I'm also a Yankee fan. Can't get much more overbearing than a Hab/Yankee fan mixed into one. I temper the overbearingness by being a Raptor and Bills fan though.

chooch*

Psycho Joe said:
I'm also a Yankee fan. Can't get much more overbearing than a Hab/Yankee fan mixed into one. I temper the overbearingness by being a Raptor and Bills fan though.
I second that - Hab fan going down to see NYYanquis next Sunday (w a stop in cooperstown of course).

As for Bourque, am disappointed to hear these things. Theres an arena named after him near where I lived and I played ball w his younger bro years ago.

But I hear you; guys keeping salaries down is counterproductive to capitalism.

99 did that for years in LA because had huge endorsements and got asked for photo spreads like the modano one (bucky probabaly had one of those back then till it got too sticky).

Overall I still think 77 was a classy guy.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:
I second that - Hab fan going down to see NYYanquis next Sunday (w a stop in cooperstown of course).

As for Bourque, am disappointed to hear these things. Theres an arena named after him near where I lived and I played ball w his younger bro years ago.

But I hear you; guys keeping salaries down is counterproductive to capitalism.

99 did that for years in LA because had huge endorsements and got asked for photo spreads like the modano one (bucky probabaly had one of those back then till it got too sticky).
Overall I still think 77 was a classy guy.

Chooch, you've gone way over the line. You are offensive and ignorant. I look forward fondly to the day when you don't post here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad