Hockey Night In Canada Play On!

eckford89

May 3, 2011
Hey Guys & Girls,

Just wondering if anyone is planning on entering the Hockey Night in Canada Play On! Street Hockey Tournament that’s being held at Scotiabank Place on June 4th and 5th?

I’ve seen a lot of videos and commercials, it looks like a lot of fun and some good competition with divisions for all ages and skill levels. I’ve been to the website and just wondering if anyone has and reviews or stories from past experience in the event?

Thanks!

kozie39

Jan 28, 2011
I played in the Oshawa event 2 years ago and the tournament was really well run and organized. Our team lost in the semi finals in the U-19 division but it was a lot of fun. I'd highly recommend participating in it.

Trevor3

Nov 16, 2010
Stephenville - YJT
I've played the last 2 years in St. John's and it was great. It was really well run and a lot of fun. Unfortunately we lost both years in the first round of the playoffs (U-19 division) due to some lackluster goaltending courtesy of yours truly.

The celebrity game they had was pretty cool too, a couple of NHLer's and CBC actors/personalities. I've seen Adam Pardy, Ted Purcell, Luke Adam and Allan Hawco from the Republic of Doyle play road hockey.

There's one team we played a couple of times and they were really disrepectful to some of the weaker teams in the divison, saying stuff like "this is too easy, we shouldn't even be playing them" during the game, some of our guys took exception to it and now we have a rival. Their captain was recently arrested for possesion and trafficking of cocaine, we shall have some fun with that this summer.

We're planning on going back this summer at the end of June. It makes for a good trip with the guys considering we're kind of spread out across the province now for work and school and hardly get to see each other.

eckford89

May 3, 2011
anyone play in the events this past weekend in kelowna, hamilton or winnipeg that can give a review?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Think its horribly stupid that you have to be over the age of 19 to compete in the competitive division. While I am 22, I have 5 brothers and cousins who are under 19 who want to play. We have all play(ed) junior B or C and play road hockey together every weekend already. We would definitely be able to contend.
I hope that they can lower the age to 16, which is the junior eligibility age. It would only make sense, I mean what to we have to fear if we got cages on when we go out onto the ice playing physical dangerous puck with only a visor!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Think its horribly stupid that you have to be over the age of 19 to compete in the competitive division. While I am 22, I have 5 brothers and cousins who are under 19 who want to play. We have all play(ed) junior B or C and play road hockey together every weekend already. We would definitely be able to contend.
I hope that they can lower the age to 16, which is the junior eligibility age. It would only make sense, I mean what to we have to fear if we got cages on when we go out onto the ice playing physical dangerous puck with only a visor!

As long as one player on the team is over 19, you can play with people under that age. That is how it was explained to me by a play-on ref. We had incidents in our game with the police involved and we called them out for being underage in the Adult division. They got by because of that measure, so you should be able to compete like that.

This will be my third year. We should've went deep in the play-off rounds last year but had an early first game exit thanks to a poor performance of one of our players. Two turn overs and a penalty shot against sealed the deal.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I have played in the edmonton one since it started, came 2nd first year. and it is a great tourney, nicely run and alot of fun. GO for it if you can make it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad