Hockey night in "Canada" broadcast

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I'm pissed off at CBC, SN, and (post game TSN - Craig button) folks over last night's broadcast..
  • Sucking up to the bruins pre game - big bad bruins narrative. Literally no one thought the leafs can pull this one off
  • In game broadcast - Positive comments for Bruins physical play, no calls etc, negative commentary for the smallest of leafs mistakes
  • Ron and Don making fun of leafs players unable to draw penalties
  • Intermission- calling out Nylander as a horrible player, praising DeBrusk as best player ever
  • Post game- calling out Kadri as an idiot, no mention of the overall game circumstances that led to the crosscheck.

I hate the fact that SN, CBC, and TSN are all headquartered in Toronto, but anytime there is some adversity, they bite the hand that feeds them. A big FU to leafs fans!!!

Edited- removed my comments defending Kadri

Grapes is a open Leafs fan. Quit the nonsense.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
We should do something about it, like show up to the CBC and SN buildings and protest. Nothing crazy, maybe throw a couple of stones and break a window. I honestly think that'll be enough to get the point across, given how sensitive people are these days lol

Never waste your energy on protests. If you have the money and time go cheer the young gunz and be loud tonight!

Reactions: v4karuna

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
Kirkland Lake
The guys at Sportsnet & Rogers aren't stupid, just bad broadcasters. They, in no way, want to see the Leafs lose. When Leafs get kicked out of the playoffs, the rating get cut in half or worse. That's their revenue. Now, I have always argued that it takes more to make a successful broadcast than a winning team. A past executive often was quoted saying that ratings were bad because the Leafs were so bad. Well, that exec is gone. I still believe it, but no one at Rogers is cheering against the Leafs. They are bad at tv, but smart enough to know their jobs could be on the line following a Leaf departure.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Grapes is a open Leafs fan. Quit the nonsense.
He's obviously a Leaf's and Bruins fan. He's supposed to be neutral, he does seem to cheer for the Canadian teams as well. It seems the only American team he likes is the Bruins and that's probably because he used to coach for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad