News Article: 'Hockey Nerd' Derick Brassard bound to do big things on broadway

AHB*

I love players who are hockey nerds. They had this on his beginnings episode too.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I'm pretty excited to see if that explosive training helped. If Brass could develop an explosive burst off his first few strides that would be awesome. I'm not expecting Kreider or Hagelin or anything like that, but hopefully his speed improved to the point that he becomes another speedy threat.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Good for Brass. A lot of people crap on 45 points of production, but he's a valuable guy and he shows up in the clutch. If he could find away to take a step forward and become a 55-point guy, that would be huge for the team.

acapps10

Apr 8, 2008
Nice article. Always liked Brassard. He comes across as a really good, down-to-earth kid.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Good for Brass. A lot of people crap on 45 points of production, but he's a valuable guy and he shows up in the clutch. If he could find away to take a step forward and become a 55-point guy, that would be huge for the team.

I was iffy on the 5 million a year at first. Ive really come around to like the signing. Reading stuff like that just makes me that much happier to have him on the team.

Wolfy*

Just one thing.

Brass is nothing without Zucc, so whatever they do...don't split them up...don't trade them.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Lets hope he can at least get to 20 goals and/or 50 points this year with more ice time.. I'm kinda worried since he will be playing against better competition since he will have more responsibilty on the 2nd line.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't have a good reason for it, but I have faith in Brass as our 2C this year.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
as long as we make the playoffs and he continues his playoff reputation since being here (24 points in 35 games) I'll take him for 5M..

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
he's a solid playoff performer... that justifies the extra $1M/year caphit he will now carry, and I'm happy about that.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

This.

He's a borderline 2C and Step is a borderline 1C (both can do the job, but neither is at an elite level Cup winners need). If Brass becomes faster and as a result more of a threat on defense and offense, and scores 55 points, stretches opponent's defense, and gets more effective getting in front of opponent's with pucks faster, it would be huge for us. It would turn him into a 2C worthy of a contender.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Zuccarello-Brassard-e1409156736815.jpg

mats-zuccarello-derick-brassard.png

derick-brassard-tanner-pearson-mats-zuccarello-nhl-stanley-cup-final-los-angeles-kings-new-york-rangers.jpg

Definitely the current NY Rangers BFF combo.

Brassard: 82gp - 23g - 37a - 60ps
Zuccarello: 82gp - 20g - 41a - 61pts

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm a big fan of Brassard. I think with the right line mates and proper system/situation he could be better than 50 point player.

I think we saw a glimpse of what could be with him and Zuccs last year and now without the adjustment period in terms of learning, understanding and getting comfortable in AV's system, I think we can finally see the payoff from a 6th overall selection.

really looking forward to this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4