Hockey Jerseys

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Anyone had the customization done at Rexall yet? How did that turn out? pictures?
I think I'd have them do it instead of going to the chinese sites.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone had the customization done at Rexall yet? How did that turn out? pictures?
I think I'd have them do it instead of going to the chinese sites.

I did it on Sept 29 but I did the stitches not that iron on crap, still waiting for it to come back lol

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
So Adidas won't be putting HUGE three stripes on the jerseys or adding ugly advertisements that drastically change the look of classic sweaters around
The league?

Who told you info on this?

Adidas owns Reebok. Looking to sell it. Likely keeping the NHL contract under the Adidas name because they need a major league after losing the NFL deal to Nike.

An Oilers Store employee said that major changes won't happen. For example, when the WHL jerseys went from Bauer to parent company CCM, it happened simply with a patch change. No other difference. CCM is also owned by Adidas I believe.

Ads won't happen until the NFL or NBA starts the trend. Then it's inevitable. But I don't see it happening for a long time.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
People who wear the knock-offs drive me crazy. Why waste your money? They look awful. I'd be embarassed to wear one.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
People who wear the knock-offs drive me crazy. Why waste your money? They look awful. I'd be embarassed to wear one.

I get it though. What is the cost of an authentic? Why spend that when on a whim, team can change who is in the front office; and then just trade _______ player because they want their own guy. Then you have a $200 piece of garbage. Happens all the times in sports

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I get it though. What is the cost of an authentic? Why spend that when on a whim, team can change who is in the front office; and then just trade _______ player because they want their own guy. Then you have a $200 piece of garbage. Happens all the times in sports

If you are worried about the name on the back of the jersey getting traded, then just buy a uncrested, blank authentic jersey. I get that a lot of people can't afford that, me included, but I would never buy a fake. I don't see the point.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
The four jerseys I own are Oiler replica jerseys.Is that what most wear to games ? They retailed for 120-130.00 US on average.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
If you are worried about the name on the back of the jersey getting traded, then just buy a uncrested, blank authentic jersey. I get that a lot of people can't afford that, me included, but I would never buy a fake. I don't see the point.

Yup, I don't crest my purchased jerseys anymore. They're probably more collectible as blanks.

The four jerseys I own are Oiler replica jerseys.Is that what most wear to games ? They retailed for 120-130.00 US on average.

Yup, those are the ones.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Can someone tell me if a jersey is authentic if I send a photo by text message or email?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton

That's what I do most of the time. is just buy a non crested jersey. Unless I know 100% that player wont get traded. i.e. Toews, Crosby etc. I learned this lesson the hard way with my NFL jerseys. I'm a Packers fan (GO PACK GO!) My 1st jersey I got was Greg Jennings, 1-2 years later he was gone to Minnesota. My mom and I argued that I shouldn't get a name on the jersey as the player might get traded. Well NFL jerseys are not CFL jerseys, you cant go name less on the back with NFL jerseys. I convinced her Jennings wouldn't get traded or go to Free agency. Boy was I wrong.

I have two jerseys with players names on the backs and both are retired. Gretzky Oilers and Lafontaine Sabres. The rest of my hockey jerseys are all blank. I have a gift card at Jersey City that I got last year for Christmas last year and I considered using it to get a Kessel Leafs jersey (ease up I come in peace being a Leafs fan). I thought to myself. No way would Kessel ever get traded with that big contract of his. I didnt buy the jersey. The angel on my shoulder said to wait it out awhile. Sure enough. He got traded.

I've got 2 blank Leafs jerseys at home. 1 that is signed by Johnny Bower at a card show 2 years ago.

UnBiloTitled

Sep 28, 2008
If you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread, if I bought a blank jersey, where is the best place to get lettering done on the back? I was trying to buy online but only stores sell Mens extra small. Thanks!

P.S. What's the best Chinese site for cheap NFL jerseys? I would like to impulse buy a Bills jersey while their record is still .500.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
If you don't mind me piggy backing on this thread, if I bought a blank jersey, where is the best place to get lettering done on the back? I was trying to buy online but only stores sell Mens extra small. Thanks!

P.S. What's the best Chinese site for cheap NFL jerseys? I would like to impulse buy a Bills jersey while their record is still .500.

Oilers store charges 100$ for name and numbers and captaincy

UnBiloTitled

Sep 28, 2008
Oilers store charges 100$ for name and numbers and captaincy

Thanks for the response. I've tried them, but they won't do a Doug Weight jersey because there's no agreement with the NHLPA for retired players or something like that. I was able to get a Tikkanen jersey through the NHL store for my old man but they do not have an XS size.

Jerseys like Gretzky and Messier are specially arranged agreements with CCM I believe.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Thanks for the response. I've tried them, but they won't do a Doug Weight jersey because there's no agreement with the NHLPA for retired players or something like that. I was able to get a Tikkanen jersey through the NHL store for my old man but they do not have an XS size.

Jerseys like Gretzky and Messier are specially arranged agreements with CCM I believe.

I went to game on sports and they do lettering there. All depends on the amount of letters in the name and if the number is one or two numbers.

The jerseys' themselves are quite cheap its when you put the lettering on them is when it gets pricey.

UnBiloTitled

Sep 28, 2008
I went to game on sports and they do lettering there. All depends on the amount of letters in the name and if the number is one or two numbers.

The jerseys' themselves are quite cheap its when you put the lettering on them is when it gets pricey.

I will give Game On Sports a try. I know their parent company is LIDS, which also owns the Oilers Store. It was them that told me a Weight or Tikkanen jersey were contraband. Thanks.

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
I ordered an Premier orange McDavid jersey from the NHL.com shop and paid BIG bucks for it. It finally arrived and I am quite disappointed in the quality, plus it says made in Indonesia. We have an authentic Hall jersey and a premier Jones and they seem so much better in quality. A friend has a blue Oilers knock-off and there isn't much difference with the new orange ones IMO.

QuickFast19

Nov 18, 2015
Essex County NJ
I ordered an Premier orange McDavid jersey from the NHL.com shop and paid BIG bucks for it. It finally arrived and I am quite disappointed in the quality, plus it says made in Indonesia. We have an authentic Hall jersey and a premier Jones and they seem so much better in quality. A friend has a blue Oilers knock-off and there isn't much difference with the new orange ones IMO.

Yeah, the quality of NHL Shops' jerseys are not that great. Often times the names and number are heat sealed on. The best place to get the premiers are either on places like Ice Jerseys or SportsK because they stich the jerseys themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad