Hockey Jerseys

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Just wanted everyone's opinion on buying hockey jerseys online and overseas.

I have 2 year old twin boys and went into to Game On Sports to get a couple jerseys for them. I was going to get a McDavid and Hall jerseys, but they are wanting almost $180 a jersey with names on the back.

Someone suggested looking at buying jerseys online as they will be growing out of them in 6 weeks anyways.

Anyone ever done this? Where would be a good place to go?

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

I have 2 year old twin boys and went into to Game On Sports to get a couple jerseys for them. I was going to get a McDavid and Hall jerseys, but they are wanting almost $180 a jersey with names on the back.

Someone suggested looking at buying jerseys online as they will be growing out of them in 6 weeks anyways.

I've got a couple online from overseas and they are cheap and look alright they sure don't feel right. At least compared to one's you'll buy at your local store.

I'm considering putting them on my wall or something because I never want to wear them.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I ordered some jerseys from overseas, I have a Getzlaf, McDavid and a few more. I'll send you the link to the site I use.

The orange colour on the jersey is a bit off but honestly it's great for a $30 jersey especially for a young kid.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
I also ordered a jersey from overseas a while ago (can't remember the exact site). A blue Hall jersey. It isn't perfect and doesn't feel as good as an official one obviously. However, It doesn't fit bad by any means and is definitely wearable. You won't really notice it's a knock off because it looks pretty decent compared to an official one.

I've heard the quality can differ pretty drastically but I've had a good experience with it. It's also around $30 and I never have to worry about spilling something on it or getting my new jersey dirty so to me its absolutely worth it.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
You can tell the difference in the color when compared next to an official one. You see them at games all the time, and it's easy to pick out who has a knock off.

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
You can tell the difference in the color when compared next to an official one. You see them at games all the time, and it's easy to pick out who has a knock off.

Yep a ton of knock off at games now. I always wonder if people think it isn't noticeable.

I would just skip the name on the back and get the $50 jerseys at the Oiler store than buying knock offs with names on the back for my kids.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007

Yea. I can definitly see the difference between the knock offs and the real ones.

Just figured if I was going to buy a couple cheapys for my 2 Year olds I would try to find the best knockoffs I could.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

Looks like your boys are jumping out of toddler sizes (cheap) into childrens sizes (expensive).

I just went with an Oilers hoodie and tracksuit for my kiddo. It was cheaper and easy enough to move on from after he outgrew it. That tracksuit was basically his school uniform in Grade 1. Wore it almost every day.

Maybe save the expensive stuff for when they're older and will appreciate it more.

Or try ecseller.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Yea. I can definitly see the difference between the knock offs and the real ones.

Just figured if I was going to buy a couple cheapys for my 2 Year olds I would try to find the best knockoffs I could.

maybe look into the kids shirts? Check Sportchek too. They have jerseys for sale every time a player changes teams or numbers.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
Do you guys think Adidas will drastically change our jerseys in two years when they take over for Reebok?

I have held off buying a new Oilers sweater for this reason - I have read articles that they won't change much and some that talk of "drastic changes" from Adidas.

I feel at the end of the day the decision is up to the organization. And I can't see Katz letting our classics go.

Thoughts?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Grabbing yourself knockoffs is an unforgivable jersey foul. It's totally fine for rugrats.

Lots of places will do the vinyl press on numbers for you. They look better than the knockoffs and they're cheap.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I refuse to buy jerseys from overseas stores. They look terrible in my opinion. The lettering and jersey #'s are usually bigger than they should be.

Also I have doubts sometimes with buying jerseys from NHL.com for example. A few years ago my friend bought a Koivu Habs jersey and it looked terrible. The letters and numbers were screen printed and I believe he said the Captain "C" came off in the wash.

Hate to say it but buying at the local store just might be the way to go. Sure they're expensive compared to the knock offs but they're legit. Also and I dont want to tell you what to do with your money but tough to say if Hall will be with the team much longer especially if they're looking at upgrading their Defence.

My bro bought my sister in law a Smyth jersey and 3 months later he was traded to the Islanders. $250 down the drain. Thankfully he came back 3 years later.

Buyer beware I guess.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
I refuse to buy jerseys from overseas stores. They look terrible in my opinion. The lettering and jersey #'s are usually bigger than they should be.

Also I have doubts sometimes with buying jerseys from NHL.com for example. A few years ago my friend bought a Koivu Habs jersey and it looked terrible. The letters and numbers were screen printed and I believe he said the Captain "C" came off in the wash.

Hate to say it but buying at the local store just might be the way to go. Sure they're expensive compared to the knock offs but they're legit. Also and I dont want to tell you what to do with your money but tough to say if Hall will be with the team much longer especially if they're looking at upgrading their Defence.

My bro bought my sister in law a Smyth jersey and 3 months later he was traded to the Islanders. $250 down the drain. Thankfully he came back 3 years later.

Buyer beware I guess.

Yea good point. My boys have now grown out of the infant jerseys, and now need some 2T or 3T jerseys. I bought the TShirts already. They will probably out grow them before the end of the season anyways.

I would say McDavid would be a safe bet, but if I went will Hall or Ebs for one of the other two, hopefully they are still in Oiler stripes before the boys outgrow them. As for Nuge, I think the name would wrap around the jersey twice. haha.

I've looked at a bunch of jerseys on AliExpress & EcSeller, and no question you can tell the difference between the two. I agree with Chaotic Orange that this is an unforgiveable jersey foul, but figured if the best knockoff looked eerly similar it would be worth it.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Anyone know where I can find an official Oilers Jersey in a Goalie cut size for a Senior League Goalie?

Lawgirl

Mar 29, 2006
Edmonton
Yea good point. My boys have now grown out of the infant jerseys, and now need some 2T or 3T jerseys. I bought the TShirts already. They will probably out grow them before the end of the season anyways.

I would say McDavid would be a safe bet, but if I went will Hall or Ebs for one of the other two, hopefully they are still in Oiler stripes before the boys outgrow them. As for Nuge, I think the name would wrap around the jersey twice. haha.

I've looked at a bunch of jerseys on AliExpress & EcSeller, and no question you can tell the difference between the two. I agree with Chaotic Orange that this is an unforgiveable jersey foul, but figured if the best knockoff looked eerly similar it would be worth it.

I would look around. I got the 2-4T size for my daughter and the 4-7 for my son and I definitely didn't pay $180 for them. I'm pretty sure I got them at Sports Closet and they were maybe $50 for the toddler and $80 for the bigger one.

Ogopogo*

All knock offs are ridiculously easy to point out and they look incredibly stupid.

I would disagree with that. The good knock offs are quite authentic looking, the bad ones are crap.

HallOfGreatness4

Best NHL gambler around
Dec 29, 2010
itshockeynight.com
Do you guys think Adidas will drastically change our jerseys in two years when they take over for Reebok?

I have held off buying a new Oilers sweater for this reason - I have read articles that they won't change much and some that talk of "drastic changes" from Adidas.

I feel at the end of the day the decision is up to the organization. And I can't see Katz letting our classics go.

Thoughts?

Still wondering this, though.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I would disagree with that. The good knock offs are quite authentic looking, the bad ones are crap.

Perhaps for other teams. There are about a dozen things wrong with Oilers knockoff jerseys. By far the worst knockoffs in the league. I have yet to see an Oilers knockoff that even comes close to looking authentic. And I personally have no problem with knockoffs themselves.

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Worst jersey knockoff I seen was a dude in a white Gretzky. The lettering and numbers were fuzzy material and the colors were so off. His white was like a cream color!! haha

Connor McOilers

We have the precious
Feb 16, 2013
I find Oilers knockoffs to always have very too bold font on the names, they really stick out at games. That said if I found one without that problem, I'd buy it.

The Chinese sites do a much better job on the NFL jerseys I find.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad