WGR: Hockey Hotline & General WGR Talk – Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I listened for some background noise driving home, and I got some of the Reinhart/ROR talk which is just lol. And they openly admit they don't know the value of them at all. But, the best part was Schopp wanting Adam Schefter fired for not being the master of words that he is. That boy has the most unwarranted arrogance one can ever find.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I listened for some background noise driving home, and I got some of the Reinhart/ROR talk which is just lol. And they openly admit they don't know the value of them at all. But, the best part was Schopp wanting Adam Schefter fired for not being the master of words that he is. That boy has the most unwarranted arrogance one can ever find.

That whole bit and the Brady bit (about his wafting smells) was complete cringe worthy. It went on for too long and they were trying to hard and i just wanted them to stop.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
6-29: DAN BYLSMA JOINS WGR TO TALK DRAFT, O'REILLY (17:29)

@WGR550
Buffalo Sabres coach Dan Bylsma on WGR NOW

Bylsma on Ryan O'Reilly: "Big guy, plays at both ends of the rink, has power and skill to his game and finishes"

Bylsma: "Sitting in front of me right now, I have eight (line) combinations"

Bylsma on center depth: "You have flexibility of players who can play on wing as well. I don't yet have a full grasp of what ROR prefers"

Bylsma announces the Sabres will not keep Irbe as their goaltending coach

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not keeping Irbe?... At least there's something to complain about today.

He's probably pretty loyal to Nolan. I'm also sure he wasn't a fan of musical goalies last year, though wherever he goes, he'll be able to argue he's one of the best in the league because of it.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Did anyone just hear how rude Kevin Sylvester was to that caller from England. The guy gave his opinion and really wasn't rude at all and Sylvester hung up on him and basically insulted him after. I am sorry but this guy is a flat out jerk who seems to have a bit of a temper. Also he often talks down to the listeners assuming his hockey knowledge is vastly superior to theirs.

In other news, Peters seems to think we need a big time right winger still. I assume he is thinking of Chris Stewart , who for some reason he seems to be in love with.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Did anyone just hear how rude Kevin Sylvester was to that caller from England. The guy gave his opinion and really wasn't rude at all and Sylvester hung up on him and basically insulted him after. I am sorry but this guy is a flat out jerk who seems to have a bit of a temper. Also he often talks down to the listeners assuming his hockey knowledge is vastly superior to theirs.

In other news, Peters seems to think we need a big time right winger still. I assume he is thinking of Chris Stewart , who for some reason he seems to be in love with.

I don't understand how this guy has a job other than perhaps he works for next to nothing. He's the personification of Howdy Doody.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Sylvester is immature. He doesn't know how to handle it when
someone doesn't agree with him.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
6-29: RYAN O'REILLY ON HOCKEY HOTLINE (13:29)

@WGR550
Ryan O'Reilly on WGR NOW

O'Reilly: "The moves (the Sabres) made were a step in the right direction. It's going to be a new role for me to be a leadership guy"

O'Reilly: "I played with Ennis at the World Championships and became friends with him...I'm excited to join him there"

O'Reilly on Eichel: "He can do everything at a high pace and his hockey sense and natural ability are outstanding"

O'Reilly says he expects a possible long term deal could be done "Fairly soon"

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
These two are unbelievable. Talking about how they need more "sandpaper", specifically Pat Kaleta. O'Reilly, Girgensons, Foligno, Deslauriers, Mcgill, McCormick. That is more than enough "sandpaper." Not to mention that Kane and Legwand can more than hold their own. These two are clueless.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Not keeping Irbe?... At least there's something to complain about today.

That and the fact that Bylsma is a rather poorly spoken guy. He comes across as not bright in my opinion. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

I'm not a Bylsma guy and think his hiring was a mistake..but I am not trying to let that get in the way. I'm ready to welcome him with open arms and want him to succeed for Buffalo.

But man, listen to the guy. He comes across like a nervous virgin totally lacking in self confidence and he just isn't well spoken.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
That and the fact that Bylsma is a rather poorly spoken guy. He comes across as not bright in my opinion. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

I'm not a Bylsma guy and think his hiring was a mistake..but I am not trying to let that get in the way. I'm ready to welcome him with open arms and want him to succeed for Buffalo.

But man, listen to the guy. He comes across like a nervous virgin totally lacking in self confidence and he just isn't well spoken.

Yeah, it sure sounds like you are ready to welcome him with open arms.

:shakehead

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

Yes. It's quite a "misinterpretation".

What did you think of how Nolan spoke or came across?

99problems

Feb 10, 2013
'What about signing pretty much every FA ever' - Andrew peters..

Tough to listen to that guy.. He'll just ramble off any name he can think of..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad