Hockey has the most action per game (of 5 major sports)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Yes, I'm very surprised that basketball is lower than soccer; it makes no sense. I dislike both sports, but definitely basketball challenges hockey for being almost continual action. It's truly as if the numbers for those two sports, soccer and basketball, should be reversed.

Thats why theres 48 under it, theres 48 minutes in a game

Im assuming they are talking about the times where the "ball" is in play.
If you consider only the Big 4 sports leagues in that chart, the answer should be no.

It looks like the least amount of action the sport has, the more money it makes.

I also don't get why they didn't use a percentage instead of minutes. Basketball's action is 100% of it's game time, just like the NHL.

Also, what are they considering action for the MLB? There's no clock in baseball, so it looks like they are just deciding on their own where to start and stop their stopwatch. When a catcher is giving his signals to the pitcher, is that not part of the time? How about pick-offs to first? A mound visit? Those are all important parts of the game, but usually people don't decide to count that in their clock.

Again, it's likely referring to any time the ball is actually in play

edit: well I probably shouldve clicked the link first,

that is what it is reffering to

Tam O Shanter

Ok, you've got us, the gig is up. The only reason Barry Sanders was one of the most exciting players ever in the non-sport of football is because he had a very creative coach who diagramed highly intricate routes for him to run, and Barry had an incredible memory so he could indeed memorize the routes.

http://youtu.be/tmxpANukJsU

Oh man, thanks for the video. Everytime I think nostalgia has clouded my judgement of Sanders, I just have to watch some of those runs. Sunova*****, what a beauty.

No team success, though - right guys??:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad