4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
6052_2013-10-05-09-11-32.jpg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just to gauge interest, if our pick falls somewhere between 12 and 14, how would you guys feel about something around Spurgeon and our 1st for a C? Maybe someone like Draisaitl who could potentially be a #1, and might be expendable based on the Oilers getting McEichel?

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Just to gauge interest, if our pick falls somewhere between 12 and 14, how would you guys feel about something around Spurgeon and our 1st for a C? Maybe someone like Draisaitl who could potentially be a #1, and might be expendable based on the Oilers getting McEichel?

What does that leave us for offensive D that aren't terrible?

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut

I want Patrice Bergeron for our 1C

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Goddamnit, it's too late to vote for all star game dudes. I just came up with Sup Bro -team.

Brouwer-Brodziak-Brown
Brodin-Brodie
Brodeur

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What does that leave us for offensive D that aren't terrible?

Well Spurgeon is a UFA after this year, no? Dumba might be good to step into that position next year, especially if he keeps looking as good as he has the last couple games. Folin is a capable bottom pairing D, and I imagine we can find another bottom pairing guy. This way we're taking a player we don't necessarily need in the future, adding a pick that also won't necessarily get us what we need in the future, and getting a 3rd overall pick from last year with #1C potential is worth it.

Quicy

Jun 24, 2012
Well Spurgeon is a UFA after this year, no? Dumba might be good to step into that position next year, especially if he keeps looking as good as he has the last couple games. Folin is a capable bottom pairing D, and I imagine we can find another bottom pairing guy. This way we're taking a player we don't necessarily need in the future, adding a pick that also won't necessarily get us what we need in the future, and getting a 3rd overall pick from last year with #1C potential is worth it.

After next year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
this team can't be that way after every goal...they need to always be fighting for next goal

Agreed. If one goal destroys team confidence and makes them play like ****, I want new players.

buketdude

Feb 28, 2012
Connecticut
Agreed. If one goal destroys team confidence and makes them play like ****, I want new players.

I will be first to admit I don't like dubnyk (and maybe i am wrong)..he has been good vs weaker teams so far...AZ is not good...but with our goaltending..we need to ALWAYS be in battle mode..we cannot afford any bad feelings after a goal if we want to battle back...

J22*

Like the idea, don't like the target. Draisaitl is slower than Koivu and is nowhere near ready to fill the role that the Wild would need him to. I would target a more established guy somewhere around 23-27 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad