Hockey Canada WJC Summer Camp (roster & feedback from camp)

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
You guys and gals up north probably have more knowledge than I do on these kids. Just wondering as a Devils fan if Wedgewood has a shot to start in net for team Canada?

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
so why was Siemens picked before him?

Cam Fowler and Brandon Gormley got picked after Dylan McIlrath..doesn't mean they aren't better than McIlrath. Beaulieu is a TWD with offensive upside than Siemens don't have. Siemens is more of a shutdown defenceman and that's what Colorado was looking for. McIlrath brings a physical aspect of the game that Gormley and Fowler don't necessarily have..but he doesn't have the same offensive upside than the other two..your argument is irrelevant.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Cam Fowler and Brandon Gormley got picked after Dylan McIlrath..doesn't mean they aren't better than McIlrath. Beaulieu is a TWD with offensive upside than Siemens don't have. Siemens is more of a shutdown defenceman and that's what Colorado was looking for. McIlrath brings a physical aspect of the game that Gormley and Fowler don't necessarily have..but he doesn't have the same offensive upside than the other two..your argument is irrelevant.

I don't have an argument or an opinion of who's better - I was just asking the question.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Sorry, but you have no clue about what "upside" Siemens could have. Nobody does.

Nobody knows anything about Bealieu's upside, either.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I really hope Couturier isn't on this team if he keeps playing like that. Last thing Canada needs is a lazy forward with no drive.

I heard that Couturier was a standout at this morning's ice time...not sure what you are talking about.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Sorry, but you have no clue about what "upside" Siemens could have. Nobody does.

Nobody knows anything about Bealieu's upside, either.

Meaning potential. Tell me why RNH was picked 1st overall? Because of his potential to be a great playmaker. I'm not saying that I can predict who's going to be better than who. As of now, Siemens is more of a physical dmen and Beaulieu is more offensive. I know you're a Dub fan and I'm a Q fan but Beaulieu definitely has more offensive to his game than Siemens..and why? Because they both have different styles.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Meaning potential. Tell me why RNH was picked 1st overall? Because of his potential to be a great playmaker. I'm not saying that I can predict who's going to be better than who. As of now, Siemens is more of a physical dmen and Beaulieu is more offensive. I know you're a Dub fan and I'm a Q fan but Beaulieu definitely has more offensive to his game than Siemens..and why? Because they both have different styles.

I know that Beaulieu is offensive and Siemens is more defensive...but I truly think that both players are more than capable of morphing into fine TWO WAY defenders...equal in both parts of their game. Beaulieu sure has the size and skating to become better defensively and Siemens sure has the skating and puck moving ability to become better offensively.

Regardless, if we are simply talking about ROLES for Team Canada, I think Siemens is a better fit. I see Murray, Murphy and Gormley all making the team, meaning a more offensive guy like Beaulieu might not be needed as much as a guy with an edge like Siemens.

For me though, it's a moot point because I think neither make it. If the team needs a shut down guy, there are a handful of options to take over a freshly-turned 18 year old in Duncan Siemens.

My favorite for that role isn't even at this summer camp (McIlrath)

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
He hates Couturier because the Sens didn't pick him.

No...I don't hate him. If he plays like he did for Drummondville in the playoffs, I don't want him on Canada (since i am Canadian). Simple as that.

It will be nice to see Zibanejad crush him into the bench though! :)

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Well as a Winnipeg fan. The comparison of Scheifele to Couturier is constantly glaring as most fans believed that Couturier should have been the pick.

So it's nice to see Scheif has been looking really good (and even better if he looks better than Couts).

AidanPhalen13*

How has Joe Morrow looked so far? Does anyone think he could be a darkhorse to make the team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad