Hockey Canada WJC Summer Camp (roster & feedback from camp)

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Too bad Cory Clouston is going to kills Mark Stones chances of putting up big numbers in the WHL this year.

He is an offence killer and it will defaintely hurt Marks chances of making the WJC team...

He played a good game tonight. they were the best line out there tonight.

AidanPhalen13*

It was impossible to see the numbers on the red jereseys. That may have had something to do with it.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
If I had to make the team just off of what they did in the two games it would look like this.
Huberdeau Johansen Stone
DSP RNH Schwartz
Howden Couturier Gallagher
Jenner Danault Thomas
Rattie

Gormley Gudbranson
Murray Pysyk
Percy Gauthier-Leduc
Oleksiak

Domingue
Visentin
Obviously this is just based on who I thought played the best. Skill wise no other country comes close to us.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Huberdeau also benefited from playing with Stone and Johanson. Scheifele looked speedy but had a hard time getting his shots to the net. Ryan Murphy is a boss.

Coco the Monkey*

Aug 31, 2010
Too bad Cory Clouston is going to kills Mark Stones chances of putting up big numbers in the WHL this year.

He is an offence killer and it will defaintely hurt Marks chances of making the WJC team...

Comments like this are so lacking of knowledge, it's unbelievable. Sens offense was just fine outside of this past year.

Clouston is an amazing junior coach, he has proven that time and time again. If anything this is a big plus in favor of Stone.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Huberdeau also benefited from playing with Stone and Johanson. Scheifele looked speedy but had a hard time getting his shots to the net. Ryan Murphy is a boss.

All three were very good, dont think any of them benefited off of anyone, just a very good line.

Mr Lahey*

I've never once given Hubs any props, but he is really giving me a reason to cheer for him at this camp. Sometimes it seems like his skill level is off the charts. Haters gonna hate but I see some Vinny in his game.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
All three were very good, dont think any of them benefited off of anyone, just a very good line.

Tonight? Yes. Last night? No.

Huberdeau was really quiet last night, didn't really create any offense, and more than anything fed off of Johansen's puck possession and Stone's hard work in the corners and in front of the net. I wasn't really a fan of his game live last night, but he seemed much better tonight, I'll give him credit for that.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I've never once given Hubs any props, but he is really giving me a reason to cheer for him at this camp. Sometimes it seems like his skill level is off the charts. Haters gonna hate but I see some Vinny in his game.

Not a bad comparison. Their frames look similar in junior, both have similar skating styles, and both have a lot of offense. I still think Vinny uses his frame better to protect the puck, but I think Huberdeau has a better shot at the same age.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
LOL. They don't even shoot the same way :laugh:

You give the announcers way too much credit. They didn't sound very bright and I doubt they even recognized the difference. One wore 15 and the other 16 and it seemed to be very confusing for them, even though they don't play a similar game, shoot different ways, and play on distinctly different lines.

ScopeHockey

Mar 19, 2010
Not a bad comparison. Their frames look similar in junior, both have similar skating styles, and both have a lot of offense. I still think Vinny uses his frame better to protect the puck, but I think Huberdeau has a better shot at the same age.

I see some Eric Staal in Huberdeau's game.

GM17*

Huberdeau benefits from Stone.
Stone benefits from Huberdeau.

Doesn't matter, players synergize at this level and this is what we should expect.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If I had to make the team just off of what they did in the two games it would look like this.
Huberdeau Johansen Stone
DSP RNH Schwartz
Jenner Danault Thomas
Rattie

Gormley Gudbranson
Murray Pysyk
Percy Gauthier-Leduc
Oleksiak

Domingue
Visentin
Obviously this is just based on who I thought played the best. Skill wise no other country comes close to us.

How many goals against were they on the ice for last night?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Huberdeau Johansen Stone
DSP RNH Schwartz
Jenner Danault Thomas
Rattie

Gormley Gudbranson
Murray Pysyk
Percy Gauthier-Leduc
Oleksiak

Domingue
Visentin

Thats far fetched Russia, USA, and Sweden can ice arguably stronger teams.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
two words: Mark Stone.

Sorry to be a party pooper but Stone has seriously benefited from playing with Huberdeau and Johansen. Other than the points he has been unnoticable, at least from what I've seen.

rick3652

Aug 18, 2009
Toronto
Sorry to be a party pooper but Stone has seriously benefited from playing with Huberdeau and Johansen. Other than the points he has been unnoticable, at least from what I've seen.

the line played great. Stone scored 4 goals in the two games. They just outplayed the line they were going against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad