Hockey’s Future Top 50 NHL Prospects, 31-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Evilo said:
Hainsey and Aulin are a tad high IMO.

I would pick Krajicek over Hainsey right now.
And Fehr over Aulin.

You don't think Aulin's ranking would be higher if he'd played this season?

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Modano = God said:
No Eriksson, Miettinen, Daley or Jokinen is pretty sad, especially since I don't agree with alot of prospects being on it. Guess the Stars prospects will continue to be underrated anyway..
Maybe Eriksson is top 30? :dunno: Its possible, not too likely, but possible.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
SUPERMAN said:
Yes it seems so, at the swedish page www.eliteprospects.com, on the left side, top 100 prospect, Loui Erikssson moved up from 4th to 2nd place just after Alexander Steen and before Robert Nilsson, updated in march 2004,

So basicly, Eriksson should be ranked somewhere between Steen and Nilsson. Somewhere around 25th/30th. Yet he isn't ranked at all. Last year it was Antti Miettinen that was nowhere to be found, whereas he accomplished the exact same as Henrik Zetterberg. The Stars prospects seriously need to get some attention around here. I'm not asking for much, just a consideration or honorable mention will do.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Modano = God said:
So basicly, Eriksson should be ranked somewhere between Steen and Nilsson. Somewhere around 25th/30th. Yet he isn't ranked at all. Last year it was Antti Miettinen that was nowhere to be found, whereas he accomplished the exact same as Henrik Zetterberg. The Stars prospects seriously need to get some attention around here. I'm not asking for much, just a consideration or honorable mention will do.
Well the apparent ranking system is flawed mathematically speaking. I'm assuming that they sit down a bunch of writers (5 perhaps) and ask them to rank the players in order from 1 to 50.

Therefore, if one person ommitted Eriksson from their list (very likely scenario) and the rest of the writers had him at 40, the average ranking would have Eriksson somewhere outside the top 50.

It works the same for one ranking of a particular player being very high as opposed to very low.

leafaholix*

Modano = God said:
Don't you worry about that... Loui Eriksson will be top 30 next year.

:yo:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
BlueAndWhite said:
Well the apparent ranking system is flawed mathematically speaking. I'm assuming that they sit down a bunch of writers (5 perhaps) and ask them to rank the players in order from 1 to 50.

Therefore, if one person ommitted Eriksson from their list (very likely scenario) and the rest of the writers had him at 40, the average ranking would have Eriksson somewhere outside the top 50.

It works the same for one ranking of a particular player being very high as opposed to very low.

I realise that, but this happens a little too often for the Stars and its prospects. And Eriksson isn't even the Stars top youngster, but anyways... I must sound like an annoying homer because my team's prospects do not get the proper credit, so I'll just back off now and let the thread continue where it was.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
if you take the absolute best prospect from every team, that's 30 right there. so on average, most teams will get 1 or 2 prospects on the list. it's pretty easy to see why many good prospects could be left off.

The Jerk*

LeNevue, Josh Harding, Erikkson, and Mark Stuart were 4 players I was hoping would be on the list. When I saw that none were in the 41-50 bracket, my immediate thought was that the first 3 at least, would be somewhere between 31-40..they weren't, but who knows, they may be in the top 30??

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Modano = God said:

Regardless of how you feel about the rankings, take into consideration that you are basing one set of rankings off the other. Saying that because one ranking organization has prospect A and prospect B ranked 30 and 40 respectively and one other organization has a different prospect ranked between them that the other prospect should be ranked 35 in the first organizations ranking is flawed because you are giving undeniable credit to the second organization being correct and not the first.

1. Criteria can be different.
2. People see prospects differently.
3. Different amounts of people doing the ranking.(Gives you more of a mean average.)

That notwithstanding, as someone who was not involved in the rankings of these prospects, I agree that sometimes we feel that the prospects for our respective teams don't get enough love. Not always will everyone agree on rankings but the effort has been outstanding so far and I look forward to the top 30.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Modano = God said:
I'm not sure how Zetterberg and Miettinen accomplished the exact same, since they played in two totally different leagues.

As well, Miettinen is at a fantastic 7 goals, 26 total points in 40 games pace with the Utah Grizzlies of the AHL at the age at 24. He isn't exactly the poster child of being under-appreciated.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
For everyone complaining about prospect ratings, at least you have a writer that does an update more than once a year. We have players chosen from last years draft that are still unranked......good ones at that. :shakehead

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
BlueAndWhite said:
I'm not sure how Zetterberg and Miettinen accomplished the exact same, since they played in two totally different leagues.

As well, Miettinen is at a fantastic 7 goals, 26 total points in 40 games pace with the Utah Grizzlies of the AHL at the age at 24. He isn't exactly the poster child of being under-appreciated.

They both had simular statistics playing in two very highly respected and quality league's. Both played the same brand of hockey and both were named league MVP's before joining the NHL. And Miettinen currently plays on the worst team in the entire AHL, while being bothered by injuries all year.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Enoch said:
For everyone complaining about prospect ratings, at least you have a writer that does an update more than once a year. We have players chosen from last years draft that are still unranked......good ones at that. :shakehead

Agreed. I think we have had like 3 articles about our prospects in St. Louis. Our rankings are so bad/outdated they have Hemingway as our top RW prospect, despite his playing in the ECHL. :dunno: Sejna graduated and Backman playing in the AHL....

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'm quite shocked they had any Habs prospects ahead of Perezhogin to be honest. I feel he's their best guy.

I'll be interested to see where the following players land:

Tomas Shishkanov, Alex Auld, Ryan Kesler, Josh Harding, and Denis Grebeshkov.

Kabers

Mar 20, 2004
Maryland
CapsIntensity68 said:
Fehr :yo:

He has been a bright spot this year, one of just a few. top 25 next year?

Couldn't agree more. I love to hear Fehr is tearing it up in the WHL and that he's only getting better, especially when so many here were upset after we drafted him. Can't wait til we see him in a Caps uni along side Semin!

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Mizral said:
I'm quite shocked they had any Habs prospects ahead of Perezhogin to be honest. I feel he's their best guy.

I can agree with that.
Perezhogin is definatly not well ranked this year... as he is the Canadiens' best prospect in terms of hockey sense, as well as pure offensive instincts. I would have put him WAY ahead of Ron Hainsey, who, eventhough he is having a decent season with Hamilton, still has a long way to go. As far as I'm concerned, Perezhogin could be in the NHL right now and wouldn't look lost at all.

I feel he's one of the most NHL-ready forwards in Hamilton too (the most NHL-ready is probably Tomas Plekanec)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
HiggsFan said:
I can agree with that.
Perezhogin is definatly not well ranked this year... as he is the Canadiens' best prospect in terms of hockey sense, as well as pure offensive instincts. I would have put him WAY ahead of Ron Hainsey, who, eventhough he is having a decent season with Hamilton, still has a long way to go. As far as I'm concerned, Perezhogin could be in the NHL right now and wouldn't look lost at all.

I feel he's one of the most NHL-ready forwards in Hamilton too (the most NHL-ready is probably Tomas Plekanec)

Kastsitsyn, he's somewhat similar to Perezhogin, but with a heavier shot, bigger but not much, plus he's a much better passer, as it's not Perezhogin's top strength. He can make good passes but not so much in heavy traffic. Kasty has more offensive abilties then any Hab prospect. But Perezhogin has much better play in his own end, where Kasty seems unsure of what to do and how to do it.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Does anybody know when the next list will be released? I.e. when the numbers 21-30 will be put online? Or am I just being impatient?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Fedz said:
How in the world is Robert Nilsson ahead of Chris Higgins on the list? BTW, you've got Leksand down as Nilssons team, when really hes playing for a team in Switzerland.

Other words, great work guys!

That is what I was going to post that Nilsson struggled mightily in the SEL at the beginning of the year ...so bad that no other team in the SEL wanted to/ did acquire his rights ...so he had to go play out the remaining part of the year in Swizterland, were he continues to play ...

Who did the rankings?? and surprised that NOBODY who did knows that or commented on that fact ... and as a result the credibility of all the rankings comes into questions as to how much the writer/writers know about the prospects...IMO

That is not meant to offend anyone ..but it does beg the question ....

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Koltsov said:
woohoo, Kirill Koltsov must be in the top 30! :handclap:

I'll actually be very surprised if he makes the list at all. Guys like for instance Kronvall, Krajicek and Colaiacovo have already been ranked and are superior prospects...

Given the ranking of both Emery and Ouellet, I also doubt whether Auld made it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad