Sep 1, 2010
he will sign with the Rangers

actually NYR the MOST unlikely team he would sign with,
ie the team that already signed Pionk,
the other highly respected RD UFA coming out of NCAA this year

if NYR sign a bigger name NCAA UFA in August,
more likely a F, especially a C -
like Toninato
or Kerfoot (hoping not him, he's small-ish, that he was NJD pick adds drama, expectations are he returns to western canada)

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Think less of the Avs, who one year ago told him he's wasn't in their future plans and wouldn't be tendered a contract. After he wins the Hobey, they changed their mind and tried to sign him.

I'd tell them to get bent to.

This take is spin by Chambers. It's spin in the worst possible way. Don't trust anything Chambers says unless it's confirmed by another source.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks should take a look, lots of opportunity and room here.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
actually NYR the MOST unlikely team he would sign with,
ie the team that already signed Pionk,
the other highly respected RD UFA coming out of NCAA this year

if NYR sign a bigger name NCAA UFA in August,
more likely a F, especially a C -
like Toninato
or Kerfoot (hoping not him, he's small-ish, that he was NJD pick adds drama, expectations are he returns to western canada)

Toninato big name?

leafs didnt want to offer him anything more than an AHL deal. his numbers are pretty average, won't be anything more than a top 6 AHLer at best.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
hope he chooses development in strong team vs NHL time on a weak team. Learn from Schultz' mistake.

Saints11

Jan 24, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think Butcher, Toninato, and Kerfoot are the three main targets. I don't know if they will sign any of them, but these are usually the types of targets th.e Pens pursue, like Zach Aston Reese. They love free players, which enables them to move draft picks.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Toninato big name?
leafs didnt want to offer him anything more than an AHL deal. his numbers are pretty average, won't be anything more than a top 6 AHLer at best.

big name among this crop of NCAA August UFAs

most related Leafs articles cited their lack of contract slots

he was a top 3F, all situations guy, at Duluth last 2 seasons in tough conference

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Think less of the Avs, who one year ago told him he's wasn't in their future plans and wouldn't be tendered a contract. After he wins the Hobey, they changed their mind and tried to sign him.

I'd tell them to get bent to.

If that's true then good for him. Avs sound like a disaster....

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Rumoured it was Roy that didn't want him, yet, still invited and played in training camp every year. He knew the system so well, he would be a natural fit for a team desperate for LHD.

Winning the Hobey Baker and National Championship for Denver would have pressured Sakic to provide playing time. Not sure of his potential, but the rebuilding AVs can afford to let him make mistakes he decided to stay. I believe he will be a decent player and his best chance would be to stay with the AVs.

He has every right to leave and if he does sign elsewhere which is riskier, wishing him luck in his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad