U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

These are the games tsn is broadcasting, which I’m assuming will also give access to the American network like they do with other international tournaments. However I wonder if Czech and Slovak federations will provide free streaming access via YouTube or their federation sites like they did in 2021.
Sure hope they could find a way. I mean the Brick Invitational that was a U10 tourney was streamed in North America. With a full knowledgeable broadcast team with very good camera work.

After seeing that I can't figure out how more shit isn't streamed

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
However I wonder if Czech and Slovak federations will provide free streaming access via YouTube or their federation sites like they did in 2021.
Fans will be able to watch all the matches of the Czech team from the 32nd edition of the prestigious youth tournament in live broadcasts on ČT sport or on the ČT sport plus platform, which will cover most of the duels in the Břeclav group. The matches between the USA and Canada are broadcast by the Canadian sports channel TSN. A video stream will be available from all matches of the Hlinka Gretzky Cup 2023 in Břeclav, while fans can find links to them and more information on the official website of the tournament hlinkagretzkycup.cz .

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I couldn't find anything about it anywhere. But I definitely wouldn't rule it out, lately the Czech association has been doing quite a bit to make matches accessible to the public.
But it will definitely be onhockey.tv as always

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I couldn't find anything about it anywhere. But I definitely wouldn't rule it out, lately the Czech association has been doing quite a bit to make matches accessible to the public.
But it will definitely be onhockey.tv as always
Links for the streams seem to be missing on the tournament site but at least all 3 round robin games for the Czechs are listed on ČT Sport already.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Links for the streams seem to be missing on the tournament site but at least all 3 round robin games for the Czechs are listed on ČT Sport already.

Yes, the Czech association does not provide links to streams, if it broadcasts its own stream from a tournament, it runs on hokejka.tv (apparently also accessible only on Czech territory). However, if a stream is running on that hockey website hokejka.tv, as far as I know, the stream always appears on onhockey.tv as well
In addition, exactly as you write, the broadcasts will be broadcast on Czech television, so at least onhockey.tv the matches will definitely be accessible.
I have no experience with redirecting the ip address via VPN, maybe it would work. The link is Hokej – ČT sport – Česká televize

Reactions: tunnelvision

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
67928FFE-A667-43C6-AE34-8200FD607F44.jpeg

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Looks like Slovakia could have the youngest, tallest and heaviest team on HGC.

According to EliteProspects, it's true – they are the youngest (16.54 years), tallest (185.13 cm) and heaviest (83.17 cm). Germany is quite young too, with four 2007s and an average age of 16.61. Canada comes close height-wise at 184.83 cm and weight-wise at 81.42 kg.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Canada Czech exhibition... Anyone know time and stream? TSN and CT24 don't appear to be carrying it

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Canada Czech exhibition... Anyone know time and stream? TSN and CT24 don't appear to be carrying it
Hey, you make fun of us all sometimes, don't you? :naughty:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Swede, or maybe even a Canadian, asked, but when it's played in our country..:D
The time of the match is at 18.30, if there will be a stream (I'm almost sure there will be), even the match is already listed there, so onhockey.tv, a notorious site:yo:, maybe even hokejka.tv

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Hey, you make fun of us all sometimes, don't you? :naughty:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Swede, or maybe even a Canadian, asked, but when it's played in our country..:D
The time of the match is at 18.30, if there will be a stream (I'm almost sure there will be), even the match is already listed there, so onhockey.tv, a notorious site:yo:, maybe even hokejka.tv
I wouldn't get so excited, onhockey is rather unreliable on this matter. From what I gathered, there will be no stream of the CZEvCAN game, only text-based one.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I wouldn't get so excited, onhockey is rather unreliable on this matter. From what I gathered, there will be no stream of the CZEvCAN game, only text-based one.
Yes, this can happen, I remember experiencing it about 2 times. So it is possible, but it would be a big disappointment on the part of the hockey association:(

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Yes, this can happen, I remember experiencing it about 2 times. So it is possible, but it would be a big disappointment on the part of the hockey association:(
Not providing a stream for one game is the least of problems I have with Czech hockey association. :laugh::sarcasm:

But since all the cameras are there, it makes no sense not to stream it, not like TSN or something will air it either. Especially odd since it will likely be recorded, I am sure we will get a highlight package once the game is done.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

My look at the players to watch.
Lots of Czech love. I can't recall a time where our U20 and Hlinka had solid D cores!

This team reminds me a bit of the U20 team... Solid D with a svozil and jiricek. A very good younger player (Kulich at U20 and Benak here) and some decent forwards (not great but bad). Decent goalie.

Thanks for link and writeup.

If we get 2D in round 1 I would be ecstatic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad