Hlinka Gretzky Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
They don't send the USNTDP U-18 team. They prioritize the U-18 WJC in May. The USNTDP kids have a long season, and entering their U-18 year have spent a significant time away from home, some for the first time. Considering the USNTDP kids go to school in Michigan, they don't finish the school year and can go home until early June. Calling them in for a tournament in early-August that used to be in the Czech Republic would be giving these kids maybe 4 to 6 weeks to actually go home and see family. Plus, most of these kids next year will have all the pre-draft stuff. Giving them until late-August to report back probably helps avoid burnout. Although, a bunch of the CHL kids have a similar burden, although, outside of the WHL kids, most are in reasonable proximity to their parents.
Thank for the information.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Tournament over... so disapointing as we usually do well in this one.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
5 periods and 15 minutes with zero goals... not enough sustained pressure. We just don't feel like a threat...
Russia barely had any sustained pressure and still scored 3 goals. There is a point where it's straight up being unlucky and that's where this Czech team is at. Can't believe none of the scoring chances they had (and they had a decent amount of those) ended up in the net.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Russia barely had any sustained pressure and still scored 3 goals. There is a point where it's straight up being unlucky and that's where this Czech team is at. Can't believe none of the scoring chances they had (and they had a decent amount of those) ended up in the net.
I'd like to think luck.. but 6 periods with no goals while allowing 9 goals is pretty damning. I think Russia coasted through this game and didn't need sustained pressure because the Czechs just didn't push them enough.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I'd like to think luck.. but 6 periods with no goals while allowing 9 goals is pretty damning. I think Russia coasted through this game and didn't need sustained pressure because the Czechs just didn't push them enough.
It's no bad luck that our national teams repeatedly rank among the worst scoring teams in tournaments, however going without a single goal after having like 60 shots in 6 periods, yeah, that is bad luck. You can argue a number of those shots were weak and I would agree, but in both games Czechs have had enough chances to score at least 2-3 goals. As I said, just nothing goes in.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
looking for big bounce back by the finns vs usa. good prospects in the team they cant be that bad like vs russia twice

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
What he do?

He was an offensive catalyst tonight. Showed some nice skill plays, good arcs to the net, puck protection despite his frame...exhibits some change of pace skating...

Which isn't to say he's anything special, it's just a player I had no idea existed but now I actually want to know about his existence...it's a substantial jump from existential perspective, slightly less so in terms of the draft itself haha

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad