Hitchcock for GM

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
I understand the angle on it. Hitch is a salesman at heart, but that said I don't think he wants to do the job.
As a consult to the GM, sure. A coach, ok.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He's not going to trash Chiarelli in the media. He did scratch some of his prized acquisitions
I'm not saying he should trash Chiarelli but his treatment of Yamamoto and JP is downright strange. He should tell Chiarelli to send Yamamoto down, instead Rattie gets waived for no apparent reason.

For awhile he was reluctant to administer any kind of repercussion to Lucic when he was dogshit. Never once scratched him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not saying he should trash Chiarelli but his treatment of Yamamoto and JP is downright strange. He should tell Chiarelli to send Yamamoto down, instead Rattie gets waived for no apparent reason.

For awhile he was reluctant to administer any kind of repercussion to Lucic when he was dog****. Never once scratched him.

Well Rattie sucks too, so its not like he's sending down anyone of note here.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well Rattie sucks too, so its not like he's sending down anyone of note here.
That's not the point. The point is that Yamamoto is struggling with the big club and needs AHL development time. This team is toxic right now. What exactly is he learning here?

So you expect a million dollar+ business to give the GM job to someone who isn't on board with the organization?
I expect this business to start taking winning seriously instead of hiring Hockey Canada execs that aren't outside their precious circle of friends. I expect this business to do their damn due diligence in finding proper replacements for the people that need to be fired in this organization (and that list is a long one).

Hitchcock was just another in a long line of easy, line-of-sight answers for this team. Never even bothered to contact anyone else.

Reactions: space321

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
ken-hitchcock-coach.jpg

This cracks me up every single time
WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER POSE FOR THIS!?!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I like hitch, but I think this org needs to hand the reigns over to someone completely new. Not another teams cast-off, or some ex player who's expressed an interest.

That said, bringing in any new guy and expecting them to not bend to the will of the OBC is pointless.

Imagine being the new guy in the gm position, knowing Mact, lowe, Gretzky, and the owner are all ready to sacrifice your job in order to save face, and you know damn well some new guy isn't going to be able to say no when the OBC convinces them to trade for another ex oil king.

God I hate this org.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad