Post-Game Talk: Hitch puts Koalas on the endangered species list

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I see the same thing.

In my opinion, it's because Todd's system wasn't inherently defensive. The players felt as though they had to be extra careful when playing in that system with a lead.

Hitch's system is inherently defensive. The players don't feel like they need to be careful, because they can play the same way throughout the game regardless of the score.
I also think it's because Hitchcock doesn't control the offensive side. No puck his game. Have the puck it's your game.

But yeah, in a system like that when you get your chances you push for it.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
B3E1C65D-CBD3-4DF0-9306-48BF464DA99E.gif

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
Hitchcock is showing he's amongst the elite of the elite coaches once again.

He's in that Quenville/Babcock/Sullivan bracket , for me.

I've always thought babcock is overrated. They guy has never had a mediocre team to coach. People give him credit for the Olympic golds, like he didn't have one of the best hockey teams ever assembled.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Talbot in action tonight!
giphy.gif

He had a good game.

lol!

Man, honestly, it was awesome to see Talbot battling like he was, even if it was awkward looking at times. It has been a while since he has had even a 2nd effort on plays, let alone a 3rd, 4th or 5th tonight as he is rolling around scrambling.

Hitch is the magic man so far with our goalies. Talbot is 3/3 IMO on solid efforts under Hitch.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Zykov looked decent. JP still had some Bambi moments.

97-29 capitalizing makes this win easy. I do think possibly splitting them up on cold nights should considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad