Post-Game Talk: Hitch puts Koalas on the endangered species list

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
It's really nice to see the guys get rewarded with some offense, as their overall play has been miles better under Hitchcock. Hopefully this is something of a turning point for the team where they can ride high confidence and really take it to a depleted Calgary squad on Sunday.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
emma-stone-excited.gif

Reactions: HandsUpForBelchior

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Zykov looked pretty good, there's something there. He'll do better with Chiasson on his line once Rattie moves up to play with McDavid and Drai.
Actually I wouldn't mind dropping Pulju got that line and have Chiasson side to the second.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Koskinen's got something to prove on Sunday it seems. Hmm
Huge win....Great job coming about as close as you can to scoring Lucic....lmao

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Only natural I drop Talbot for Koskinen in my pool with 3 moves max a season and he puts up two solid games haha. If he gets back to form it's probably split duty.

Reactions: ujju2

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I said this in the GDT.

In the Todd era the team completely shuts down with a lead and tries to not lose it. The team under Hitchcock appears to continue to want to add to the lead.
I see the same thing.

In my opinion, it's because Todd's system wasn't inherently defensive. The players felt as though they had to be extra careful when playing in that system with a lead.

Hitch's system is inherently defensive. The players don't feel like they need to be careful, because they can play the same way throughout the game regardless of the score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad