Historic Games on Video (link to collection in OP)

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
thanks so much.

if you have anything else with doug harvey i'd love to see it. it's too bad that only 6 minutes of that '59 game are available.

Stonefly

Jan 29, 2007
4GB?
What kind of file is it?

None of the games I have are even close to that size unless they are DVD rips.

It's a game I recorded onto a dvd. I downloaded it back onto my computer and am uploading that file. Should I be using a different type of file? Something that makes it smaller I assume.

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
It's a game I recorded onto a dvd. I downloaded it back onto my computer and am uploading that file. Should I be using a different type of file? Something that makes it smaller I assume.

Generally, an AVI, WMV, or MPEG. If its 4 GB it should be compressed somehow.

What is the file extension? Is it several files in a folder labeled VideoTS that look like VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_1.BUP?

Those are the extensions I always get when transferring a DVD. If so, you will probably need to get a program.

I sent you a PM

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
Well, since I got those uploaded.

I should ask, what else would people like to see uploaded?

I have a whole bunch of vintage games from the 70's and 80's as well. I tried uploading as many 60's games as I could. Unfortunately, the 59 Habs/Leafs game just will not upload. The USSR vs CSSR did not upload either.

I have various games featuring the 70's Habs, Flyers, the &^ canada cup games vs Sweden and Russia, as well as a few Red Army super series games.

A couple of good videos like "100 years of international Hockey" and the 10 episodes of "Hockey a people's History". A good video CCCP vs Canada video with interviews with various members of the Summit series. I have both Summit series with the NHL and WHA, but that would take a long time to Upload. Maybe I could Upload specific games.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
There was a top-selling book in the 1970s called "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". Long story short: a recurring theme throughout the book was the the author "chasing the ghost," trying feverishly to find and re-live his distant past.

Sampling these video last night, I could relate.

Thanks Thornton.
This is real hockey. No whining or crying about everything like today.

pappyline

Jul 3, 2005
Mass/formerly Ont

I have a whole bunch of vintage games from the 70's and 80's as well. I tried uploading as many 60's games as I could. Unfortunately, the 59 Habs/Leafs game just will not upload. The USSR vs CSSR did not upload either.

I have various games featuring the 70's Habs, Flyers, the &^ canada cup games vs Sweden and Russia, as well as a few Red Army super series games.

A couple of good videos like "100 years of international Hockey" and the 10 episodes of "Hockey a people's History". A good video CCCP vs Canada video with interviews with various members of the Summit series. I have both Summit series with the NHL and WHA, but that would take a long time to Upload. Maybe I could Upload specific games.
Good stuff Thornton. I would like to see the 1974 summit especially the 4th game. Anything you have pre 67, I am interested in.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto

Got any Habs games from the 71 palyoffs? I'd love to see Dryden stoning either the Bruins or the Hawks.

Stonefly

Jan 29, 2007
Generally, an AVI, WMV, or MPEG. If its 4 GB it should be compressed somehow.

What is the file extension? Is it several files in a folder labeled VideoTS that look like VTS_01_1.VOB and VTS_01_1.BUP?

Those are the extensions I always get when transferring a DVD. If so, you will probably need to get a program.

I sent you a PM
Well, I shrunk the file with that program and have tried several times to upload it, no luck. It has gotten as far as about 3/4 done and freezes.
I have another game from 71, Toronto/Detroit. It ends up being probably one of the most lopsided games in history. Toronto thumps Detroit. I think it ends up 13 - 2 or something like that. I'll try and upload that one.

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
Ok, it finally worked. The 71 Bruins-Leafs is up. Great game that showcases Orr, Espo, Keon and Ullman. This shows how Orr can skate. Watch Keon check Orr. He does about as good a job as anyone I've ever seen. Keon was such a fantastic skater, one of the best I've seen and still Orr just pulls away from him when he wants to.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7576241227541217941&hl=en

Very nice man:)

Ill add it to the original post. I am downloading that off Google video now just so I can have it:)

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
Ok, it finally worked. The 71 Bruins-Leafs is up. Great game that showcases Orr, Espo, Keon and Ullman. This shows how Orr can skate. Watch Keon check Orr. He does about as good a job as anyone I've ever seen. Keon was such a fantastic skater, one of the best I've seen and still Orr just pulls away from him when he wants to.

Can you tell me how you finally got it to work? =That 59 Habs vs Leafs game I have always freezes too

BigDucky

May 30, 2008
Downriver, MI

Thanks for posting this. This is the first time I've seen Orr play. They always say he was fast, but man, he made guys look like they were standing still!

Dark Shadows

Jun 19, 2007
Canada
www.robotnik.com
Thanks for posting this. This is the first time I've seen Orr play. They always say he was fast, but man, he made guys look like they were standing still!

Heh. You should watch the Chicago games too. Bobby Hull was a blur.

Back when the officials from Russia were meeting with Canadian officials over organizing the Summit series, they were given clips of each team to watch. When Bobby Hull showed up on the clips, they commented "Why are you fast forwarding?"

BigDucky

May 30, 2008
Downriver, MI
Heh. You should watch the Chicago games too. Bobby Hull was a blur.

Back when the officials from Russia were meeting with Canadian officials over organizing the Summit series, they were given clips of each team to watch. When Bobby Hull showed up on the clips, they commented "Why are you fast forwarding?"

I plan to. The Boston-Toronto game was the second classic game I've seen. About a month ago I found Boston-Montreal game 7 from 1979. I'm stoked to finally see guys play who previously I could only read about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad