Rumor: Hirose Rumoured to Sign with Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Lots of undersized players in the nhl these days. Not really a thing anymore and hasn’t been in many years….

Hirose also said to be a very smart player.

I broadly agree on an individual basis but I wonder if it cumulatively impacts the team if half or more of the defensive core is under-sized, especially when we get into the playoffs. Hughes is great, maybe Rathbone turns into something, individually these are great but if we have half or more of the team being on the smaller side I worry about getting pushed around in a tighter playoff type game.

That said, I'd be more than happy if we end up getting him.

Reactions: Indiana

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
No reason under the guidance of a pro teams strength and conditioning team, he couldn't add 10-15 lbs. Though hockey seems to lag behind in this department overall.

Reactions: Indiana

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
No reason under the guidance of a pro teams strength and conditioning team, he couldn't add 10-15 lbs. Though hockey seems to lag behind in this department overall.

Maybe, maybe not. It’s not like he’s 18 and just growing into his body. He’s 23 and has had 3 years with very qualified strength & conditioning coaches and nutritionists at Minnesota State U. It may just be genetics. How much muscle we can gain naturally depends on genetics.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
was watching Livingstone, and thought Hirose did much more of the heavy lifting on defense.

Livingstone would stand around waiting for Hirose to win the puck battle and get him the puck.

Came away more impressed with Hirose's defensive game. but not big and 24 soon.
Living stone is 24 in April as well.

He’s a bigger body. Guys with his birthday would typically be done school back in 2021.

This is the reason teams don’t Los up on waiver wire claims. May need those contract close to sign ncaa free agents if they are burning an elc year this season.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Can’t believe how much talk there is about size and weight still…. Who gives a shit? The league is built on speed and intelligence now. Hirose is deceptive and that’s his strength. If he gains a bunch weight then is he still as shifty and deceptive? Probably not.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Can’t believe how much talk there is about size and weight still…. Who gives a shit? The league is built on speed and intelligence now. Hirose is deceptive and that’s his strength. If he gains a bunch weight then is he still as shifty and deceptive? Probably not.

Our Dcore is pretty small as is. I dont think we will do well in the playoffs without at least 1 bigger Dman who can play tough match ups against the Rantanens and Hintez of the NHL

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Okay good. I will give it a day before I demand from you again

Hoping you guys are all okay.

Was taking the kids to their new dentist Friday morning. Wife and I had our phones in our jackets, hanging, on silent. My mom and sister were desperately trying to get ahold of me. My mom had a bad fall and couldn’t move. She couldn’t call 911 because her dogs were loose. My dad was in Milwaukee for work. We head back to our place and I drive my car to my parents’ place in Chilliwack. Mom is hunched over the bed in too much pain to be coherent. I thought she had a stroke but she says she just fell. Put the dogs away, call an ambulance, and wait. Once she’s gone I clean up the mess the dogs made, let them out, get them back inside, then head back to my place to grab clothes for the weekend and my PC. As soon as I get set up at my parents’ my mom texts me that she’s ready to come home. Turns out she fell on her tailbone and that caused a brutal bruise on her spine. I pick her up, heavily medicated, get her prescription painkiller, then basically just watch the dogs and help her all weekend. Dad returns Sunday night, I head back home today, then work for 30 minutes, and back home again to pick up my kids from school.

So, yeah, things seem back to normal.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Was taking the kids to their new dentist Friday morning. Wife and I had our phones in our jackets, hanging, on silent. My mom and sister were desperately trying to get ahold of me. My mom had a bad fall and couldn’t move. She couldn’t call 911 because her dogs were loose. My dad was in Milwaukee for work. We head back to our place and I drive my car to my parents’ place in Chilliwack. Mom is hunched over the bed in too much pain to be coherent. I thought she had a stroke but she says she just fell. Put the dogs away, call an ambulance, and wait. Once she’s gone I clean up the mess the dogs made, let them out, get them back inside, then head back to my place to grab clothes for the weekend and my PC. As soon as I get set up at my parents’ my mom texts me that she’s ready to come home. Turns out she fell on her tailbone and that caused a brutal bruise on her spine. I pick her up, heavily medicated, get her prescription painkiller, then basically just watch the dogs and help her all weekend. Dad returns Sunday night, I head back home today, then work for 30 minutes, and back home again to pick up my kids from school.

Holy crap. Glad things are okay now. Tailbone bruises suck - it feels like you've broken your spine. Can only imagine for your poor Mom. Wishing her all the best on a speedy recovery.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Jesus.. going through something similar last month with us here.. adrenaline kinda takes over and do what needs to be done

Glad it worked out the way it did

Reactions: Indiana and Vector

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
Tailbone injury really sucks. I wish no one goes through that.
Hurt my tailbone snowboarding in Grouse Mountain and the pain lasted for almost a year. Have never gone back ever since, and I think that was 1998.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad