Rumor: Hirose Rumoured to Sign with Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DimitriL07

Jan 24, 2023
Vancouver BC
it almost like there should be a link in the op with all these details
So there is harm in asking people in here who have actually seen in him play if his skill set can or will translate to the NHL and be effective? The link pretty much just tells you his stats and that he is a minute muncher. I’d think 99% of college free agents were gunna slot right into the big leagues if I just went by stats.

Reactions: Indiana

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
So there is harm in asking people in here who have actually seen in him play if his skill set can or will translate to the NHL and be effective? The link pretty much just tells you his stats and that he is a minute muncher. I’d think 99% of college free agents were gunna slot right into the big leagues if I just went by stats.

i've seen him play a fair bit. he's a very good skater and is good in all three zones but he plays a physical game that may not translate to the pros where he'll be undersized compared to the ncaa

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
i've seen him play a fair bit. he's a very good skater and is good in all three zones but he plays a physical game that may not translate to the pros where he'll be undersized compared to the ncaa

Troy Stetcher upside? I remember the concerns about Stetchers size and ability to adjust to the physicality in the NHL.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Pronman from last month:

22. Akito Hirose, LHD, Minnesota State-CCHA: Hirose has been an important player for Mankato over the last few years. He’s a talented offensive player. He’s a strong skater, unusually strong for a college free-agent target and has strong playmaking abilities to go with that. Hirose has a chance to make it on what he can do with the puck, but whether he can defend men will be a question. His skating will help him, but I wouldn’t call him the hardest to play against defenseman.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
was watching Livingstone, and thought Hirose did much more of the heavy lifting on defense.

Livingstone would stand around waiting for Hirose to win the puck battle and get him the puck.

Came away more impressed with Hirose's defensive game. but not big and 24 soon.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
You’re quoting a great person to add to the old ignore list

Reactions: DimitriL07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad