Hintz vs Horvat vs Konecny

now and going forward

• Hintz

• Horvat

• Konecny

Results are only viewable after voting.

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
Hintz has been so red hot this season that I had to go with him. 38P in 33 GP while injured.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I want to see more than a 33 game sample from Hintz but wouldn’t be surprised if he maintains this level of production moving forward— then I might take him.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I voted Hintz because he's been amazing this season and hopefully this is how it will be going forward. Otherwise, I'd have picked Horvat.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Guys on our local (Vancouver) sport’s radio, as I type, discussing if the Canucks would trade Horvat for Seth Jones. Would CBJ make that trade? Would CBJ trade Jones for any of the three players in this poll? Imo they would consider for Bo, but not for the other two.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Guys on our local (Vancouver) sport’s radio, as I type, discussing if the Canucks would trade Horvat for Seth Jones. Would CBJ make that trade? Would CBJ trade Jones for any of the three players in this poll? Imo they would consider for Bo, but not for the other two.
Horvat and Chatty for Jones and a 2nd round pick

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'd like to see Hintz put his injury troubles behind him and also prove he can continue this production before going with him over someone like Horvat, but if he can stay healthy and consistent then I'd definitely pick him.

If everything goes right with his health and if he can maintain this production then he's gonna be a superstar level player possibly

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubu

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I feel that Horvat being an all situations C who is a captain makes up for the gap in production with Hintz, but understand why others may take him instead.

Reactions: JoeMc

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I feel that Horvat being an all situations C who is a captain makes up for the gap in production with Hintz, but understand why others may take him instead.

Hintz is an all situations center as well. Plays everywhere and does everything well in every situation

Scares me to death to see him block shots and stuff lol

Reactions: Stubu

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Hintz is an all situations center as well. Plays everywhere and does everything well in every situation

Scares me to death to see him block shots and stuff lol
My bad then, I've only seen him listed as a winger.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'd like to see Hintz perform at this sort of level for more than one season, and more than just 33 games. The other two have a longer track record of consistently producing.

Horvat gets my vote because he plays the more important position over Konecny.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Horvat safer but he is what he is, a really good 2nd line center. I'd gamble on the higher ceiling of Hintz with his gamebreaking and breathtaking speed.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

I wouldn't call horvat all situations. He doesn't really play the PK. 11 seconds/game this year, 25 seconds/gm last year.

hintz on the other hand has played 1m12s/gm shtoi this year. So hintz arguably more situations C. Although horvat better at face-offs.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Horvat have never reached Hintz level of play this season and Hintz is playing with one leg. He is also younger and have better defensive metrics at playoffs and regular season this year.

Hintz is bigger, way faster, far more dynamic and might be better two-way player. If Hintz is staying healthy he has potential to be best player of this bunch by good margin.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Love love Bo Horvat. But Roope Hintz has been amazing this year. Went with ROOOOPPPEEEE

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
The question says "now and going forward" but that's really two separate votes to cast. I thought of voting for Horvat now and for Hintz going forward.

But then, as the question actually is, who'd you take, not who's objectively better, I'd... take the younger Hintz in my team. Love me some Horvat, and I like Konecny too, but Hintz is just so electric.

(That nagging injury could change things though. Knocking on the wood.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad