OT: Hilarious Dorion response

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not towards the end he didn’t.

Double talk and saying "visually better" is at least an attempt at deflection and self-preservation. Dorion not being able to find any words at all before blurting out the most ridiculous response is hilarious.

Friedman just staring at him with this "WTF" look adds to the hilarity.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Oh my he is not good at interviews. Can imagine he isn't great at negotiating.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Double talk and saying "visually better" is at least an attempt at deflection and self-preservation. Dorion not being able to find any words at all before blurting out the most ridiculous response is hilarious.

Friedman just staring at him with this "WTF" look adds to the hilarity.
No doubt it’s a mess in Ottawa. I don’t even know how they can possibly even come up with a way to sugar coat it for the fans. I can’t imagine what it would be like for a fan going into what looks like a lost season and not at least having that first round pick to look forward to. What a blunder it was not giving Colorado that pick last year.

On another note. When I saw the Senators hired Mactavish as Assistant GM yesterday I got excited for a second. I didn’t see, initially, that it was Peter Mactavish. Maybe the Sens should have hired Craig and trotted him out when they needed someone to address the media.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
upload_2018-9-18_16-58-35.png

I've never seen someone get so forlorn when optimism was brought up.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I thought about putting this in the OOT thread, but this is so ridiculous I think it deserves its own thread. If you don't laugh at this, you don't have a soul. ;)

The look on his face when Amber starts asking that question goes straight to a look of "I think I left a paper towel roll on the stove burner. I also might have forgot to shut the stove off."

How did this guy get a job as a NHL GM?

:biglaugh:

Oh my he is not good at interviews. Can imagine he isn't great at negotiating.

Judging by the trades he's made, no...no, he is not :laugh:

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
To be fair, Melnyk probably likes him being poor at articulating. Less chance of him arguing then. Dorion does have a pretty good development track record as AGM iirc.

Edit: but also these are hilarious and it's delightful to finally get to laugh at an org worse than the Oilers :D

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The silver lining here is that when it's the dark days of February and the Oilers are on their latest losing streak and the posts are rampant here that Chia is the worst GM in the NHL, I will think to myself..."Nope, as bad as Chiapet is at his job, there's at least one guy out there who's even worse."

I will at least have that.

Maybe Dorion might not be a GM by then, haha.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The silver lining here is that when it's the dark days of February and the Oilers are on their latest losing streak and the posts are rampant here that Chia is the worst GM in the NHL, I will think to myself..."Nope, as bad as Chiapet is at his job, there's at least one guy out there who's even worse."

I will at least have that.

Nah, he's working off a recently signed 3 yr extension. He got his blood money from Melnyk as payment to frontman this gong show, so he's not going anywhere for at least a year or two.

Honestly, Chiarelli's on thinner ice than Dorion these days since if Chia misses the playoffs this year, I'm betting he's 100% canned by season's end if not sooner if the team has a horrible start and is out of it by December.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nah, he's working off a recently signed 3 yr extension. He got his blood money from Melnyk as payment to frontman this gong show, so he's not going anywhere for at least a year or two.

Honestly, Chiarelli's on thinner ice than Dorion these days since if Chia misses the playoffs this year, I'm betting he's 100% canned by season's end if not sooner if the team has a horrible start and is out of it by December.

Dorion stares into blank space when presented with a tough question. Chia just blinks a lot. Watch his interviews, it's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad