McKenzie: Highly sought after Quinnipiac defender Chase Priskie will not sign w/ Caps; will become UFA Aug. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Sorry no time to read prior 25 pages
Now that we hit 8/16 and are 1 day past the mark,
what is the latest, any idea he is leaning one team or the other?

Would love NYR to add.

not a lot of news on him. Only recent rumor is it's between Tampa, Florida, and Montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernmeister

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
To me, Jets, Canes, Panthers, Ducks make the most sense to me for him. The Jets especially. I mean...Neal Pionk is their #2 RHD...
apparently he's an offensive D and a puck mover, and so he'd be the Oilers go-to option, and be sheltered a lot.

But based on the little info we have, I don't think he's coming here. I don't agree that all Americans don't want to go to Canada, but judging based on his past and what his interests are, he will sign in USA, or at least a major metro city like Toronto or Montreal

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I mean no one is our 2nd RHD, ill take pionk over no one.

Our rhd basically looks like
Josh Manson

Hakanapaa
Drew
It's not that bad, we also have Holzer who played career high of 34 games in 14/15 :sarcasm:

He and 27 year old, no NHL experienxe Haakanpaa will fight for the 2RD spot. :help:

Reactions: pbgoalie

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB is a weird option for him. It would be hard for him to win a spot in the top-six this year, but at the time his contract is up we should have a lot of free money, since the core should be locked in by next year, one way or another.

It would require us to move Coburn to get him in this year, and I don't see us wanting to run with that many young D.

TB is only involed in rumors that make no sense. Shattenkirk made a ton of sense, and we weren't really in those rumors until right before he signed.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
While I agree with your statement from them not wanting to live in a different Country, I just want to say that lets say he signed with Boston for example, that is no different weather wise than living in any of the Canadian Cities.
Says a guy who's set foot in neither Winnipeg or Edmonton outside of their 53 day summers.

Reactions: jgatie

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
But our youth in Anaheim and lack of RHD
Certainly could Be enticing. But I hope we wouldn’t be promising a spot instead of his having to earn it

If he’s looking for a guarantee I’d be pretty wary

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Weird signals in CAR for Priskie:

Edit-could be absolutely nothing, but she’s the “insider” who first reported on CAR’s heavy interest in Priskie.

Reactions: DaveG

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
dont know much about the guy, heard his name around draft day i think saying he doesnt want to resign with the caps, and apparently had a great NCAA season.
Wanna know more about him and if you guys have any news about his free agency starting today

Is hes top 4 material, NHL ready? Strengh/weaknesses, comparable nhler etc...

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
For a guy who spurned the Caps because there were too many guys ahead of him, joining a deep defensive group in Carolina would be a strange choice.

There's the potential for serious opportunity in a year. Faulk and van Riemsdyk are 2020 UFAs. Hamilton expires the year after. Pesce may be a LD moving forward. Fox is not in the picture any longer.

If the market is soft in terms of immediate playing time, it's a good fallback option.

Reactions: Hockyluv21

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
There's the potential for serious opportunity in a year. Faulk and van Riemsdyk are 2020 UFAs. Hamilton expires the year after. Pesce may be a LD moving forward. Fox is not in the picture any longer.

If the market is soft in terms of immediate playing time, it's a good fallback option.

If he’s good waiting a year than he should just stay in Washington

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad