McKenzie: Highly sought after Quinnipiac defender Chase Priskie will not sign w/ Caps; will become UFA Aug. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's not going to Canada. You can bank on that much. I've laid it out once, Americans very rarely sign with Canadian teams if they have a choice.

A kid just out of college, who grew up in Florida, is going to want to live in Canada? Lol, no.

While I agree with your statement from them not wanting to live in a different Country, I just want to say that lets say he signed with Boston for example, that is no different weather wise than living in any of the Canadian Cities.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
While I agree with your statement from them not wanting to live in a different Country, I just want to say that lets say he signed with Boston for example, that is no different weather wise than living in any of the Canadian Cities.
Or New York or Chicago and plenty of other American cities. The argument doesnt make sense. Not that I think hes going to sign up here, odds are he doesnt.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Or New York or Chicago and plenty of other American cities. The argument doesnt make sense. Not that I think hes going to sign up here, odds are he doesnt.
Not that it matters, but I don't think the Tri-State Area shares a climate zone with anywhere in Canada. Chicago probably, though.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
He's not going to Canada. You can bank on that much. I've laid it out once, Americans very rarely sign with Canadian teams if they have a choice.

A kid just out of college, who grew up in Florida, is going to want to live in Canada? Lol, no.

Has anyone here every even been to Hamden, CT? Not exactly paradise. I don't buy "he won't go to Canada" since most Canadian cities would be a step up from Hamden.

I have lived in numerous NHL cities, north and south. Almost every NHL city has both a nice, urban area where the young, single players like to go and upscale suburban towns where guys with families like to live. The differences are (a) taxes/cost of living, (b) traffic, (c) weather, (d) people....and to lesser extent (e) travel, (f) culture. The difference between northern US and Canadian cities is much smaller than the difference between northern US and sun-belt US.

Reactions: Eye Test

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lol... I love Jimmy Murphy with two Boston/Priskie stories. To start, that's his new site because he thinks resetting will change anything.

Dog days of summer and trying to get clicks he has story #1 with Boston and Priskie having mutual interest, but it's not a fit ( he had a similar story for Boston/Brian Boyle the other day with the same notion....mutual interest, not a fit). Now he has a story immediately following saying Boston is out.

This clown doesn't know if Boston is in or out. People really need to stop promoting him as a source. He's a joke. He gets a lot of his rumors from this site :laugh:

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He could get a shot here, especially with the rumors Pysyk may get moved.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Has anyone here every even been to Hamden, CT? Not exactly paradise. I don't buy "he won't go to Canada" since most Canadian cities would be a step up from Hamden.

I have lived in numerous NHL cities, north and south. Almost every NHL city has both a nice, urban area where the young, single players like to go and upscale suburban towns where guys with families like to live. The differences are (a) taxes/cost of living, (b) traffic, (c) weather, (d) people....and to lesser extent (e) travel, (f) culture. The difference between northern US and Canadian cities is much smaller than the difference between northern US and sun-belt US.
Very well said. I’m Canadian but my whole family is from either Boston/newhampshire area or Florida and I agree with what you said to a tee.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

If you think the winters in Boston are anything like the winters in Montreal, Edmonton, or Alberta, you've never seen winter in Boston. Sure we get freak years of below zero temps or massive snowfall, but in general Boston winters are mild, with the average highs well above freezing.

Link:

Climate Boston - Massachusetts and Weather averages Boston

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
If you think the winters in Boston are anything like the winters in Montreal, Edmonton, or Alberta, you've never seen winter in Boston. Sure we get freak years of below zero temps or massive snowfall, but in general Boston winters are mild, with the average highs well above freezing.

Link:

My point was more, it gets cold there, and it snows, like many Northern North American cities. If he will go to Detroit, Minnesota, Boston, NY etc. then weather is not going to be the thing that stops him. Minnesota has colder winters than a number of Canadian Cities. If he won't sign in Canada, it will be because he doesn't want to move to a different Country as opposed to the weather is too nasty.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My point was more, it gets cold there, and it snows, like many Northern North American cities. If he will go to Detroit, Minnesota, Boston, NY etc. then weather is not going to be the thing that stops him. Minnesota has colder winters than a number of Canadian Cities. If he won't sign in Canada, it will be because he doesn't want to move to a different Country as opposed to the weather is too nasty.

Well, duh. It snows in North Carolina too. But certainly not as much as Alberta, Calgary, or even Buffalo NY. My point was saying the weather in Boston is just like Canadian cities is nonsense, because Canadian cities are much colder and have longer winters (as do Buffalo and Minnesota).

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019

Link:

yea montreal winters is something else,leaving the house in the morning and having youre whole car under snow is just a normal january day lol

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well, duh. It snows in North Carolina too. But certainly not as much as Alberta, Calgary, or even Buffalo NY. My point was saying the weather in Boston is just like Canadian cities is nonsense, because Canadian cities are much colder and have longer winters (as do Buffalo and Minnesota).

Boston is still colder than the Southern States by a good bit, and besides all that, Boston was just an example city. My point is cold weather isn't stopping him going to Canada. The winters are cold in Southern Ontario, but I have been in Michigan and Buffalo in the winter times and there is not a lot of difference in the temperature or precipitation. I live about 2 hours South West of Toronto.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Sorry no time to read prior 25 pages
Now that we hit 8/16 and are 1 day past the mark,
what is the latest, any idea he is leaning one team or the other?

Would love NYR to add.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Boston is still colder than the Southern States by a good bit, and besides all that, Boston was just an example city. My point is cold weather isn't stopping him going to Canada. The winters are cold in Southern Ontario, but I have been in Michigan and Buffalo in the winter times and there is not a lot of difference in the temperature or precipitation. I live about 2 hours South West of Toronto.

Boston is as far from Michigan/Buffalo weather as you can get without crossing the Mason-Dixon. If I had a choice between Buffalo, Minnesota, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, and Boston, with all else being equal except the weather, I'm going to Boston every time. You picked a bad example city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad