Value of: Higher trade value - Parayko or Pesce (includes contracts)

Who has a higher trade value?

• Total voters

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
Fellow Blues fan will hate, but I chose Pesce. Younger, better contract, an awfully underated. He's so good.

Don't get me wrong, Parayko is a beast. If he could have a better shooting accuracy, I would've chose him.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Parayko by a mile. Two extra years on Pesce's contract does not make up for the difference in player quality.

2 extra years and being 2 years younger are significant. I chose Parayko but it's extremely close.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Parayko for now. Pesce hasn’t played those minutes on a team that has gone all the way. Plus, the shoulder injury is a concern.

However, Parayko is close to depreciation. Just watch, he’ll go from a player “with term” to a rental+1 6 months or so from now that will either walk or require a big number on a long-term commitment to keep at the end of his contract. Pesce will still offer cap certainty in the mid-term at that time. That may be enough to overcome the difference in performance and name value.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Parayko for now. Pesce hasn’t played those minutes on a team that has gone all the way. Plus, the shoulder injury is a concern.

However, Parayko is close to depreciation. Just watch, he’ll go from a player “with term” to a rental+1 6 months or so from now that will either walk or require a big number on a long-term commitment to keep at the end of his contract. Pesce will still offer cap certainty in the mid-term at that time. That may be enough to overcome the difference in performance and name value.

This is exactly my argument for my team not trading the farm for Parayko. I am very nervous about contract demands on that next deal. The Vlasics and Subbans of the world frighten me.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
2 extra years and being 2 years younger are significant. I chose Parayko but it's extremely close.
2 years younger doesn't really mean anything for a 25 year old and a 27 year old. They're both in their primes and won't decline for many many years, nor are they likely to improve. Parayko is a franchise foundational level piece, Pesce is a core piece.

I think contract term is massively overvalued on HF, Parayko is very likely to re-sign with whatever team he's playing for. 90% of the time it's just something that gets used to tell people that their stars don't have much value.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
2 years younger doesn't really mean anything for a 25 year old and a 27 year old. They're both in their primes and won't decline for many many years, nor are they likely to improve. Parayko is a franchise foundational level piece, Pesce is a core piece.

I think contract term is massively overvalued on HF, Parayko is very likely to re-sign with whatever team he's playing for. 90% of the time it's just something that gets used to tell people that their stars don't have much value.

I disgaree. I think his value changes significantly when he's suddenly an 8-9 million dollar defenceman, and is expected to perform as a #1D every single night.

The Trouba effect.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I disgaree. I think his value changes significantly when he's suddenly an 8-9 million dollar defenceman, and is expected to perform as a #1D every single night.

The Trouba effect.

If he goes from underpaid to fairly paid he's still a tremendous asset. What does Pesce get as a UFA today? 6m? Trying to argue that a 6m player is at any point more value than a 9m player is mental gymnastics. Parayko is in a completely different class of player than Pesce and would be re-signed by any team that trades for him.

And comparing Parayko to Trouba, based on mental ability to handle #1D minutes sounds like it's entirely conjecture and made up. He could also pull a Ryan Suter and be entirely elite on his own. He's miles better than Trouba anyways, so I think the comparison is bunk.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If you want the Parayko you get the Parayko.
If you want the Pesce you get the Pesce.

Pesce is Pesce. Parayko is Parayko. Peoples is peoples. Teams don't want to give up Parayko and Pesce.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
If he goes from underpaid to fairly paid he's still a tremendous asset. What does Pesce get as a UFA today? 6m? Trying to argue that a 6m player is at any point more value than a 9m player is mental gymnastics. Parayko is in a completely different class of player than Pesce and would be re-signed by any team that trades for him.

And comparing Parayko to Trouba, based on mental ability to handle #1D minutes sounds like it's entirely conjecture and made up. He could also pull a Ryan Suter and be entirely elite on his own. He's miles better than Trouba anyways, so I think the comparison is bunk.

You've completely lost me now. Good luck out there.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015

The Trouba effect.

Not sure the expectations can ever be higher than playing 27.5 minutes in game 7 of the Cup finals against the best line in the league.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Not sure the expectations can ever be higher than playing 27.5 minutes in game 7 of the Cup finals against the best line in the league.

He was exceptional in that playoff run. I was less impressed this year. Let's see how he does next year.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
He was exceptional in that playoff run. I was less impressed this year. Let's see how he does next year.

He was great until the bubble. But hey, if you want to nitpick the guy so much, I guess you're not that interested in acquiring him which works out great as we aren't motivated sellers either. Win/win.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
He was great until the bubble. But hey, if you want to nitpick the guy so much, I guess you're not that interested in acquiring him which works out great as we aren't motivated sellers either. Win/win.

No need to get defensive, we both know it's very, very likely he signs with StL and retires a Blue. We're just trying to figure out value in here, none of it is really reasonable.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Simple question, details in poll.
I know I'm bias but paraykod numbers blow Pisces away. Points corsi defensive stats size skating its not even close.

Peace has never broke 30 points and has only played ( not including last year) 88% of his games compared to 98% of colt.

Pesce is 6'3' where parayko is 6'6"
Parayko has a 105 mph slapper peace does not
Parayko is the better puck movinf dman
Parayko can skate with the best in the nhl peace can not.
Parayko has better shot suppression.
Parayko faces the tougher opponents.

I get peace may come cheaper and be the better controlled option but parayko is by far the supperior player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad