Higher hockey IQ: Draisaitl vs McDavid

IQ: Draisaitl vs McDavid

• Total voters

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
McDavid is more skilled offensively, Draisaitl makes up for the difference by playing smarter.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Stick handling
Skating
53 % on the dot
Passing
Hockey IQ
Intensity
No one has scored more goals then Connor other then Pastrnak the last 5 seasons.
Might want to check your math. In a 6 season career Connor (171) has 3 more goals than Auston (168) in his 5 year career despite 71 more games. This makes me think Ovie probably outscored him to but I cant be bothered to check.

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Fighting? Hitting? Goaltending? Better at spearing? Licking opponents?

Who wins?

lickitung.jpg

Vs

images

Reactions: BumDum

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
The way McDavid processes things at full speed is unlike any other player I’ve seen

apollo18

Oct 20, 2018
Draisaitl easily has higher hockey IQ. You can see this by watching one period of Oilers hockey. His passing and timing sense are top of the league by a mile. McDavid more makes plays at supersonic speed. Not especially high hockey IQ, but often catches opponents off guard due to his precision and speed of execution.

To all the intellectuals voting for McDavid, why is his performance not infinitely better than Draisaitl's if all his physical tools and abilities are far better, as well as hockey IQ? Shouldn't he be like doubling Draisaitl in points?

inferior linemates, playing against top d pairing all the time
if mcdavid was 2nd line like drai, he would be 140-150 pts compared to drai 100

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Stick handling
Skating
53 % on the dot
Passing
Hockey IQ
Intensity
No one has scored more goals then Connor other then Pastrnak the last 5 seasons.
I know Ovechkin had a tough 16/17 season, but he still scored more goals than McDavid that season, and he won the Rocket Richard trophy in every other season since 11/12, so I'm not sure how you could think this was accurate.

Reactions: authentic

Read The

Feb 7, 2021
Draisaitl. people need to chill with the McDavid overhype. He isn't the best at every hockey attribute.

Though I will say Draisaitl has a habit of making some really soft plays on the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad