High Sticking Should NOT be a Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Um players are gonna be less careful about their sticks then.... it may be an accident but it's a good penalty bc it stops intentional high sticks.

Imagine tkatchuk... he would be taking ppls eyes out every other game if there was no penalty.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
imagine we took this guy seriously though, imagine high sticking wasnt a penalty lol...guys will be skating around with their sticks up like lacrosse...there would be more guys on the bench getting stitched up than ones actually on ice playing

Reactions: MacBradley

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Because if it didn't result in a penalty players could carve eachothers eyes out while making it look 'accidental'.

Reactions: kmart

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Id argue 99% of penalties arent intentional, lets get rid of all the refs and use their salary to bump the salary cap

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Might as well ban penalties then as well, because I am sure has heck the majority of them aren't intentional either

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know why hockey fans are so obsessed with not making things a penalty if it's unintentional (such as delay of game). How about these guys are adults and the best players in the world, maybe the onus on them is to be careful. If you accidentally hit someone with your car and kill them, you're not getting off Scott free.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
i agree with the op. i also think icings should be banned. the game would move a lot quicker with it gone.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
can you imagine though, mcdavid at full speed coming at you, oh here how bout a stick to your face connor how you like that...sid is skating at you as your skating back to defend, oh heres a stick to the face, problem solved...there would be like no scoring in hockey

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
thats not even remotely close to what the op is saying. that was a deliberate slash on the face.
If accidental high sticks wouldn't be a penalty anymore, that would only lead to more intentional high sticks which would lead to more eye injuries etc. Sounds like a great plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad