OT: Hi, my name is...

Carnal

May 29, 2018
Thescoreboards? Fanhome/Scout? If so, who were you there?
I believe it was called hockeyforum.com, and then there was a break-off one called hockeystation. Neither were big, and they were run by guys from NYC, but I was surprised when I found this forum as it was around at that time but I never found it. I guess my computer search skills around 2003 were not too adequate lol.

Anyway, this site is pretty huge by comparison, this Canucks subforum is substantially larger than either of those sites ever were. The main boards look vicious here, I shall probably stay away.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I believe it was called hockeyforum.com, and then there was a break-off one called hockeystation. Neither were big, and they were run by guys from NYC, but I was surprised when I found this forum as it was around at that time but I never found it. I guess my computer search skills around 2003 were not too adequate lol.

Anyway, this site is pretty huge by comparison, this Canucks subforum is substantially larger than either of those sites ever were. The main boards look vicious here, I shall probably stay away.
Hmmm...I don’t recall those boards. The boards I mentioned is where got my feet wet with (a long time ago)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hello all, my name is Bob, I have been a Canucks fan since 1994, hockey fan since 88 or so. I use to post on some other hockey forum about 15 years ago when Bertuzzi had his misunderstanding with Colorado, but I see that forum is goners now. Anyway, I have been lurking here for a bit and am an annoying sarcastic fan at times who is quite fed up with the direction of this team despite some positives mixed in. I am really hoping for a proper management team to be brought in to build off the few solid pieces Benning has put together, but build to the future, far far away from Gudbranson, Eriksson, Schaller, Granlund, etc.
Welcome :)

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Hi. My name is I'm not telling you my name because I have a moderately high profile job in a situation/place some would consider fancy (not my wife unfortunately); point is need to maintain certain perceptions.

Anyway... been a Nucks fan since birth in Surrey Memorial in 1980. Lots of water under the bridge. Was at game 4 in 1994 when Bure got a game misconduct and game 5 when Luongo got a shutout. Good thing too, cost me more than 10k to travel back and buy tickets so at least the game I went to was positive. Lots of heartbreak as nicks fans but at least I really enjoyed two great teams (maybe 2.5 if you consider the West Coast Express Era). I should also admit I was at the Bertuzzi-Moore game drunk and screaming for blood. Of course, I never thought it would happen.

The reason I am writing here is I may post more in the coming years. I was always a lurker but now with kids I don't have so much time for myself and also I don't really care what others say or respond to me on a message board. It's more to vent my own thoughts.

Finally, I would like to thank M2B for really helping to make these boards more fun and interesting to read over the last few (relatively dissapointing) years, whether intentional or not. The mystery continues...

Last edited:

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
This is pretty random...
I was cleaning out my yahoo email... and I came across this in the drafts from Sept 23rd, 2004:

Since September 11, 2001, Americans and Canadians have come together as never before in our generation. We have banded together to overcome tremendous adversity. We have weathered direct attacks on our own soil, wars overseas, corporate/government scandal, layoffs, unemployment, stock price plunges, droughts, fires, mad cow, SARS, high gasoline prices, and a myriad of economic and physical disasters both great and small. But now, we must come together once again to overcome our greatest challenge yet.

Hundreds of Professional Hockey players in our very own nation are
Being locked out, living at well below the seven-figure salary level.
And as if that weren't bad enough they are being deprived of their life
giving pay for several months, possibly longer, as a result of the current lockoutsituation. But you can help!

For only $20,835 a month, about $694.50 a day (that's less than the
cost of a large screen projection TV) you can help an NHL player remain economically viable during his time of need. This contribution by no means solves the problem as it barely covers the annual minimum salary, but it's a start, and every little bit will help!

Although $700 may not seem like a lot of money to you, to a hockey player it could mean the difference between spending the lockout
golfing in Florida or on a Mediterranean cruise. For you, seven hundred
dollars is nothing more than a month's rent, half a mortgage payment, or a month of medical insurance, but to a hockey player, $700 will partially replace his daily salary.

Your commitment of less than $700 a day will enable a player to buy
that home entertainment center, trade in the year-old Lexus for a new
Ferrari, or enjoy a weekend in Rio.

HOW WILL I KNOW I'M HELPING?

Each month, you will receive a complete financial report on the player
you sponsor. Detailed information about his stocks, bonds, 401(k)! ,
real estate, and other investment holdings will be mailed to your home.
Plus, upon signing up for this program, you will receive an unsigned
photo of the player lounging during the lockout on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean (for a signed photo, please include an additional $150).
Put the photo on your refrigerator to remind you of other peoples'
suffering.

HOW WILL HE KNOW I'M HELPING?

Your NHL player will be told that he has a SPECIAL FRIEND who just
wants to help in a time of need. Although the player won't know your
name, he will be able to make collect calls to your home via a special
operator in case additional funds are needed for unforeseen expenses.

YES, I WANT TO HELP!

I would like to sponsor a locked out NHL player. My preference is
(check below):

[ ] Forward
[ ] Defenseman
[ ] Goaltender
[ ] Entire team (Please call our 900 number to ask for the cost of a specific team - $10 per minute)
[ ] Jaromir Jagr (Higher cost: $32,000 per day)

Please charge the account listed below $694.50 per day for the duration of the lockout. Please send me a picture of the player I have sponsored along with an Jaromir Jagr 2001 Income Statement and my very own Bob Goodenow (Executive Director of the NHLPA player's Union) pin to wear proudly on my hat (include $80 for hat).

Your Name: _______________________
Telephone Number: _______________________
Account Number: _______________________ Exp. Date:_____
[ ] MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other
Signature: _______________________

Alternate card (when the primary card exceeds its credit limit):
Account Number: _______________________ Exp. Date:_______ [ ]
MasterCard [ ] Visa [ ] American Express [ ] Other
Signature: _______________________

THANK YOU FOR HELPING
NHL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION

Reactions: Its not your fault

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Hi. My name is I'm not telling you my name because I have a moderately high profile job in a situation/place some would consider fancy (not my wife unfortunately); point is need to maintain certain perceptions.

Anyway... been a Nucks fan since birth in Surrey Memorial in 1980. Lots of water under the bridge. Was at game 4 in 1994 when Bure got a game misconduct and game 5 when Luongo got a shutout. Good thing too, cost me more than 10k to travel back and buy tickets so at least the game I went to was positive. Lots of heartbreak as nicks fans but at least I really enjoyed two great teams (maybe 2.5 if you consider the West Coast Express Era). I should also admit I was at the Bertuzzi-Moore game drunk and screaming for blood. Of course, I never thought it would happen.

The reason I am writing here is I may post more in the coming years. I was always a lurker but now with kids I don't have so much time for myself and also I don't really care what others say or respond to me on a message board. It's more to vent my own thoughts.

Finally, I would like to thank M2B for really helping to make these boards more fun and interesting to read over the last few (relatively dissapointing) years, whether intentional or not. The mystery continues...

Game 3, Bure got the game misconduct

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Hey everybody hockey fans.
I'm Crappy89 only nickname.
Just turned 36.
I living in Swedish landscape.
I'm Finns rootlet.
I has liked lots of sports but hockey are good.
Juraj Slafkovsky and Simon Nemec are mine source players.

Last edited:

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Hey everybody hockey fans.
I'm Crappy89 only nickname.
Just turned 36.
I living in Swedish landscape.
I'm Finns rootlet.
I has liked lots of sports but hockey are good.
Juraj Slafkovsky and Simon Nemec are mine source players.
The pleasure is everyone's.

My profuse congratulations Crappy99.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I never seen this thread before lol. My name is Brett. I live in the beautiful Okanagan of British Columbia. I am 40 years old. I have been a Canucks fan since the late 80's. I started my posting career on a private Canucks forum called Sarkes forum, I was MarkusNaslund19 on there. I joined hfboards in 2009, but spent most of my time as a lurker, and just reading stats and other people's posts. Didn't really become active until about 7 years a go. Been addicted since. Favorite player is Pavel Bure.

bh53

Sep 18, 2017
Victoria
Hey guys! I had never seen this thread until now so figured I'd post one now. I'm a 21 year old currently studying at the University of Victoria. I've been a Canucks fan since like 2009/2010 or so? I've been on this forum for a while now but just lurk and like a bunch of posts. I hope to be more active in the future and see you all around more often!

Reactions: Vector

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat
Hey guys! I had never seen this thread until now so figured I'd post one now. I'm a 21 year old currently studying at the University of Victoria. I've been a Canucks fan since like 2009/2010 or so? I've been on this forum for a while now but just lurk and like a bunch of posts. I hope to be more active in the future and see you all around more often!

Welcome.

Elias Pettersson is new star?

Canucks are sharper this season than last season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad