OT: Hi, my name is...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well that Chairman Maouth guy is one interesting guy. Super interesting the paths in life I guess and you never can see what be in the future. Sounds like a movie tbh

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Short and sweet.

I was born in Vancouver, but I live in the Cayman Islands now. Canuck fan since day 1.

And living in the hockey-starved Caribbean doesn't make me any less of a Canuck fan. I fly up to Tampa & Sunrise to see the Canucks play the Lightning and Panthers every year... and any time I'm back in Vancouver visiting family, I check out a game or 2.

For my birthday last year... I got myself some personalized license plates for my car, and probably 95% of the country is clueless about the meaning of them. I get asked "What a C-Nuck is (See-Nuck)...and wha' you love bout' dem?" almost daily.

13423811_10157083657260311_8043021206121226058_n.jpg

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Short and sweet.

I was born in Vancouver, but I live in the Cayman Islands now. Canuck fan since day 1.

And living in the hockey-starved Caribbean doesn't make me any less of a Canuck fan. I fly up to Tampa & Sunrise to see the Canucks play the Lightning and Panthers every year... and any time I'm back in Vancouver visiting family, I check out a game or 2.

For my birthday last year... I got myself some personalized license plates for my car, and probably 95% of the country is clueless about the meaning of them. I get asked "What a C-Nuck is (See-Nuck)...and wha' you love bout' dem?" almost daily.

Great to have you here! Btw whats with the username?? :laugh:

member 290103

Short and sweet.

That's a great plate!

Why the Caymans? You an accountant?

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
Great to have you here! Btw whats with the username?? :laugh:

Because proper Jamaican jerk chicken... is the best food on earth. :)

my heart goes out to anyone who doesn't know about jerk chicken

If you mean the food, then I agree. --- If you meant ME, then not so much. :laugh:

Well thats the first Ive seen him post, i will pay attention from NOW on

I used to post a lot. I'm more of a creepy lurker guy.

That's a great plate!

Why the Caymans? You an accountant?

Thanks! I tried to convince my wife to get a similar one, but she wasn't having it.

As for being an accountant...nah. I'm among the 1% of expats here who doesn't work in finance in some capacity.

Small, always hot, usually sunny, beach-filled tax-free islands >>> Big cities & cold climates.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
Hello everyone, I'm Alberto and I'm italian.

I started to follow the Canucks in 2007 when I was 16 and, basically, that was Luongo's fault. He was on fire that year and he quickly became my favourite player.

Then, knowing the team, I fell in love also with players like Salo, Bieksa, Mitchell, Naslund, Sedins.

My first Canucks' great memory is game 7 against Dallas, that year.

My best Canucks' memory is Burrow's goal against the Hawks in 2011's game 7.

My favourite all-time Canuck is obviously Lu. Runner up is Sami Salo.

Hope to share other great memories on this board.

We Are All Canucks.

Let's go.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Hello everyone, I'm Alberto and I'm italian.

I started to follow the Canucks in 2007 when I was 16 and, basically, that was Luongo's fault. He was on fire that year and he quickly became my favourite player.

Then, knowing the team, I fell in love also with players like Salo, Bieksa, Mitchell, Naslund, Sedins.

My first Canucks' great memory is game 7 against Dallas, that year.

My best Canucks' memory is Burrow's goal against the Hawks in 2011's game 7.

My favourite all-time Canuck is obviously Lu. Runner up is Sami Salo.

Hope to share other great memories on this board.

We Are All Canucks.

Let's go.
Great having you here and to see our popularity reaches Italy!! :)

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
From Finland, been fan since finals against rangers. Remember many finnish players visiting canucs, Ruuttu, Tikkanen, Lumme
//edit big fan of Laine as well so have tons of symphaty to Winnipeg as well
Great having ya here. Looking fwd to Juolevi Palmu and other Finns on our team in the coming years! :)

demonic

Mar 10, 2005
Brady, 42, Software Developer, Canucks fan since about 88 (except for a short hiatus during the Messier years). I grew in East Van, but have lived in Portland for the last 12 years. We have a pretty healthy ball hockey community here, and I also play in a couple of ice leagues. The nice thing about living in a non-hockey town is that you can safely go out to eat and drink and not worry about accidently seeing the score, so I usually watch games late at night or the next morning. I've been mostly lurking for the last few years, but my biggest claim to fame around here is that I was the first one to figure out the CAPTCHA fast voting hack that kicked the Vote For Rory campaign into high gear. Not that it was anything genius or that somebody else wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't, but whatever, I'm taking it.

If any of you ever come down this way and want to play some ball hockey, we do open pickup on Wednesday nights in the summer and Saturday mornings all winter. PM me for details

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Brady, 42, Software Developer, Canucks fan since about 88 (except for a short hiatus during the Messier years). I grew in East Van, but have lived in Portland for the last 12 years. We have a pretty healthy ball hockey community here, and I also play in a couple of ice leagues. The nice thing about living in a non-hockey town is that you can safely go out to eat and drink and not worry about accidently seeing the score, so I usually watch games late at night or the next morning. I've been mostly lurking for the last few years, but my biggest claim to fame around here is that I was the first one to figure out the CAPTCHA fast voting hack that kicked the Vote For Rory campaign into high gear. Not that it was anything genius or that somebody else wouldn't have figured it out if I hadn't, but whatever, I'm taking it.

If any of you ever come down this way and want to play some ball hockey, we do open pickup on Wednesday nights in the summer and Saturday mornings all winter. PM me for details

You get a like for the #voteforrory alone.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I'm Curmudgeon. I'm old, newly retired but not 65, and generally in a bad mood. A Canucks fan since their NHL inception and with a lot of time on my hands, thought I'd join since I've dropped by this site from time to time mostly to check in on player movement and draft related information in the Trades and Draft sections. I probably know some people here so if you know someone who's recently retired from a senior VP position in the corporate world, it could be me.
Welcome. :nod:

Feb 24, 2017
@Chairman Maouth

Boone County is the place you were referring to on Brunette near the #1. It’s closed now, and the building has been sitting unused for years. In the early 2000s it was mostly a relatively quiet place frequented by mostly older(30s and up) patrons, then became popular among the younger set as country music became more “in”, and it was closer for a lot of people than Roosters out in Pitt. Eventually it rebranded as “TNB”, or “The New Boone”, and that did not go well. Then it died, I guess.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
@Chairman Maouth

Boone County is the place you were referring to on Brunette near the #1. It’s closed now, and the building has been sitting unused for years. In the early 2000s it was mostly a relatively quiet place frequented by mostly older(30s and up) patrons, then became popular among the younger set as country music became more “in”, and it was closer for a lot of people than Roosters out in Pitt. Eventually it rebranded as “TNB”, or “The New Boone”, and that did not go well. Then it died, I guess.
Yep you nailed it. Boone County - beside a KFC and either a Budget or Midas muffler shop.

I'm talking about back in the 80s - that's when I used to go there. But jeez, it seems strange to me that the building is now sitting vacant in an area that should be desirable for business - in a metropolitan area just seconds off a major highway.

But thanks for remembering the name for me. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad