OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Three (need one new owner to run team)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I posted this a while back and I think this is the right approach. Five weeks left until Opening Night, so probably about time we start to get our ducks in a row...

--------
I'm looking through the thread here to see what kind of posts we had from players who bailed.

There's posts from Martinez, Bench, jaster, Hammett, Sparty, Turkleton, TZE, Winger98, PPP, Raymoondoh (10 players) and they all seem engaged.

Sards posted on 2/21 that he was going to tank for next year, never bothered to set a roster much so I'm not sure if he really wants to play. What's going to stop him from doing it again next year if he doesn't get the roster he wants. He had good teams the previous two years though, 12-7 last year and 8-6 the year before.

Ricelund already said he's out, so that's easy.

So we'd contract Sards, Ricelund, Mantha39 and the Ghost Team (BinCookin).
--------

Sards just posted that he's out.

We have a post from So ExSeidered expressing interest, so we'd have eleven if we invite him in and then we probably want to find one more to get even numbers. So while it's great we have a new owner expressing interest it might just be better to roll with what we have.

Do we want to have an offline dispersal draft with players from these four teams (Sards, Ricelund, Mantha39 and the Ghost Team) before we set keepers? As commish we can just push the players to rosters and set them as keepers going forward. How to set dispersal draft order? NHL style lottery with percentages based off previous season's record seems most fair to me.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'm not opposed to reducing us by a team or two, just because I think that opens up the Free Agent market a bit. When every half way decent player is drafted it can get a bit stale, whereas its a bit more interesting when you have people making FA pickups and swaps every week.

As for the dispersal draft. I'd be good just increasing the pool of players available for our regular draft. Can we contract these teams prior so that their players are available at the draft?

I think we should really aim to have the draft prior to season start this year lol.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Dispersal draft or just releasing those players into the draft I guess serves the same purpose. If Bench is out, I'm contacting ExSeidered about taking over a team and we'll go from there.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Just dump the extra players into the normal draft. Over complicating things with an offline draft and whatever...asking for hassles.

Reactions: Sparty

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Dispersal draft or just releasing those players into the draft I guess serves the same purpose. If Bench is out, I'm contacting ExSeidered about taking over a team and we'll go from there.

I think it was I who suggested the dispersal draft, and that was in an effort to meet in the middle regarding what was considered a parity problem. There was concern about some bottom teams not having enough hope for improvement, and that was my suggestion to rectify that.

Ultimately, I don't care whether there is a dispersal draft or not, and if the managers near the bottom of the league don't care either, then it's certainly easier to not have one and just have the standard draft with the added players.

I think contracting the league down to 10 will be a good thing. It's going to open up the way-too-constricted FA pool, and it will open up more avenues for cellar dwellers to improve.

I guess the new guy will just be given the option of taking over whichever of the 5 abandoned teams he chooses, and then the remaining 4 teams' players will be released into the draft?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I guess the new guy will just be given the option of taking over whichever of the 5 abandoned teams he chooses, and then the remaining 4 teams' players will be released into the draft?

Yup, I sent him the rosters of the five teams being abandoned and he can choose which one he likes best. Hope to get a quick start on this and hopefully we can have a draft done sometime during the preseason instead of the regular season this year.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Yup, I sent him the rosters of the five teams being abandoned and he can choose which one he likes best. Hope to get a quick start on this and hopefully we can have a draft done sometime during the preseason instead of the regular season this year.

Good call, I'm on board to get things moving and happy to help where I can.

To review a couple rules (want to make sure I'm not effing this up for myself haha)....

- 8 keepers, any position
- 3 prospect keepers
--- to qualify as a prospect, a player must have been drafted in one of the 3 previous NHL drafts and must not have played more than 50 NHL regular season games

That correct?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yes that's right, for goalie prospects you can hold them for five years because they rarely crack rosters in three.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Yes that's right, for goalie prospects you can hold them for five years because they rarely crack rosters in three.

Ah ok. What about games played for prospect goalies? Is it also 50 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad