HFWF OT XII - MCG vs. Cor in a 1 Hour Iron Man Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Oof.

I’ve been there before when I was in school. I was always one of the first one or two done tests all through my program, and there was a test, where, I left like 15% of it blank, guessed on like another 25%, so I only really did like 60% of it to my ability.

Was essentially the last one to leave.

As I handed in my test, my prof looked at me and said “don’t let a bad day at the office get you down”.

That’s always stuck with me
the only thing keeping me going at this point is that if I graduate, my grandparents help me with my loans. That's motivation enough considering I'm in the 20k range atm and will probably be 30k+ when I'm done lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The matching gear is really selling this to me

Here’s what it’ll look like!

McMiz.jpg

Reactions: Chytil

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I couldn't even get out of my house this morning so I'm working from home.

I barely get shit done at home. In my industry I legitimately need a second screen and I don't have one here right now (though I do have a second screen in storage I should really bring home for situations like this) but at least I can watch the Price is Right.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I couldn't even get out of my house this morning so I'm working from home.

I barely get **** done at home. In my industry I legitimately need a second screen and I don't have one here right now (though I do have a second screen in storage I should really bring home for situations like this) but at least I can watch the Price is Right.

I feel this so hard. I came into the office cause I walk and felt bad (this was a mistake, I'm one of four people here) but when I'm at home and don't have my second screen to do work, I get so frustrated.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I also need a second screen, but getting to work from home is very rare around these here parts. If I got to work from home more often I'd invest in a dock for the laptop and two screens for sure. I also live 1.5 miles from work so...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m having a late night anxiety attack about my life rn, and it sucks.

I’m not sure if anxiety attack is even the right word tbh

Just know you aren't alone., it kinda helps me knowing lots of people go through the same issues. I had so much anxiety last night I decided to do plumbing and try and fix my dryer at 9pm at night to get stuff to work better and just to not think about stuff. I made everything worse too. :laugh:

Reactions: Cor

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Oh anxiety can get the best of all of us, it's just a matter of when.

I've had my share of attacks over the years too. Just gotta keep putting things in perspective. Things could be better...but they could also be so much worse. :laugh:

Reactions: Cor

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I had an anxiety attack last night...or at least...a very heightened state of paranoia caused by a strain of a certain legal product I'll never touch again.

(the strain not the product)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I had an anxiety attack last night...or at least...a very heightened state of paranoia caused by a strain of a certain legal product I'll never touch again.

(the strain not the product)

This might've been the same strain my friend got when she was testing a few out. Same thing happened to her and she hasn't bought that strain since. Not sure which one it was though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This might've been the same strain my friend got when she was testing a few out. Same thing happened to her and she hasn't bought that strain since. Not sure which one it was though.

Mine was Solar Power by Symbl. Quick search of Reddit says I'm not alone on the paranoia component.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just know you aren't alone., it kinda helps me knowing lots of people go through the same issues. I had so much anxiety last night I decided to do plumbing and try and fix my dryer at 9pm at night to get stuff to work better and just to not think about stuff. I made everything worse too. :laugh:

Appreciate it.

@M.C.G. 31 posting a HFWF as it was happening actually helped snap me out of it.

Reactions: BonMorrison

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
you should have seen the old HFWF write-ups. I wasn't in school then so I had soooooo much time on my hands. Like... dedicating hours writing it.

Those old threads were epic. Around a year ago I actually did a purge on my computer and deleted all my old photo shops from that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad